How Long is the Pier?

wingnt68

I've been there several times. It's a couple miles long I believe, and you can't walk it. There are lots of free buses that come right to the ship and drop you in the center of town. I think if you book an excursion, they pick you up at the ship as well.

I've been there several times. It's a couple miles long I believe, and you can't walk it. There are lots of free buses that come right to the ship and drop you in the center of town. I think if you book an excursion, they pick you up at the ship as well.

Thank you. Not sure if we are getting off the ship or not. We don't due the ruins and it doesn't look like its a nice port (easy access).

Does this mean the bus will drop you off at the end of the pier right at the beach? I was under the impression that the bus took you into town and it was a 4-5 block walk back to the beach.

Been there 8 times, last time was last week. The pier is 4 miles long and the Auto Progreso free bus will take you from the front of the cruise ship pier to the El Centro bus station which is 4-5 blocks from the beach. If you don't want to go into town, there is shopping at the pier and the prices are not much different.