toy lending on RC

Akitkat118

The music pack we got could work and a few others. But mostly geared toward the under 2. Good news is they have so much fun and are so exhausted you barely need toys. Just a few things to get through dinner.

My son is 2 1/2 (will be 2 months from 3 when we go). Do they have toys for his age?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 9 months later...

Has anyone been on the FOS or other Royal ship more recently that can let me know if they still do the toy lending? Reservations can only read out the press release that says the fisher price partnership ended, but has no information on whether there is still some form of toy lending/sharing on board. It would be handy to know before I pack!

• 2 weeks later...

We did toy lending on Navigator last week. I'd read in here to go to the nursery when it opens as the bags go fast, so that is what we did (plus I needed to reserve nursery time). They had a big "catalog" of toy packs that DH looked through while I figured out the nursery hours. The bag they leant us had lots of toys in it (train set, blocks, piano, maybe a few other things?) and was great for keeping our 1yo and 3yo happy while we were in the room. Great feature!

I just got off the Freedom OTS and they still do toy lending from the nursery. I went on embarkation day because I was told to go asap. They only had 11 bags but they were each big with 5-6 toys each. They have pictures of what is in each bag so you can choose what appeals to your child. I was able to go back a few days in and trade in my bag for a new one no problem. They don't promote the program and from what I could see there were still several bags available at any given time. I was surprised given the number of babies on board. Anyway the toys are great and kept my 1 and 3 year old entertained as well (and saved me suitcase space!)

Do you know if they ran out of toys to lend?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I am not sure if they ran out. I know they mentioned there were lots of nursery-aged kids on board (which I expected, being thanksgiving week). We didn't go back and try to swap as our girls were happy with the bag we borrowed all week. I'd just read on here to go early (plus I had a few specific nursery hours I wanted to secure).

They also had lots of under-3 type toys in the teen disco on sea days that you could just go play with whenever. Our girls liked this as it gave them a chance to play together and play with new toys.

• 3 weeks later...