Recommendations for a few hours in Ft. Lauderdale?

We're getting off the Allure tomorrow and our flight is not until 4:30. We plan to stay on ship as long as we can ... but will still have a few hours to kill before our flight.

Any recommendations? We will have 9 and 7 year old with us.

Thanks!

We're getting off the Allure tomorrow and our flight is not until 4:30. We plan to stay on ship as long as we can ... but will still have a few hours to kill before our flight.

Thanks!

If you don't have to handle luggage, take a taxi to the Hilton on 17th and do the Water Taxi and have lunch at one of the stops, then head to the airport after lunch [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have luggage, one of you can take it to the airport and store it at bags to go. It's reasonably priced and then you can uber back and meet up with the rest of the family. The water taxi is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks!

The reality is you don't have that much time to do much of anything other than a post cruise excursion. Your flight is at 4:30 so you need to be at the airport checking your bags no later than 3:30, which means you need to leave wherever and whatever you're doing by 2:30-3:00.

In the morning after figuring out what to do with your luggage, you're not going to have that much time. I think the Water Taxi is not a good idea for such a short period of time, especially for the expense of an entire family. The value in the Water Taxi is as an all day/all night hop on-hop off which you don't have the time to do.

Sawgrass Mall would be a 30 minute drive if you have a rental car. Taxi fare would be at least $60 each way (Uber less), but is it really worth that much trouble and money to go to shopping mall to go to the same stores you can go to at your malls at home?

I think a post cruise excursion will be your best option.

We won't have bags as we did luggage valet - so only our carry ons - which are backpacks.

Any good recommendations for lunch before we head to the airport? DH nixed the idea of a cruise line excursion.

With no bags do the Water Taxi, the kids will love it. Plenty of places to get off for a great lunch including beach stops. We ate at Bokampers at the north end of the route. If you get on the Taxi at 10:00 am you'll have at least 4 hours to enjoy the scenery and do lunch.

With no bags do the Water Taxi, the kids will love it. Plenty of places to get off for a great lunch including beach stops. We ate at Bokampers at the north end of the route. If you get on the Taxi at 10:00 am you'll have at least 4 hours to enjoy the scenery and do lunch.

I think the kids are only $12 for the water taxi and if you only do the Hollywood route, which includes Margaritaville, it is only $16 for adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just to update - we got out of the terminal around 11:30 and took a cab to Hollywood Beach Resort. (Uber would have been less $$). Left our bags at the bell desk and had a great lunch at Landshark Bar and Grill overlooking the beautiful beach. Walked down to the beach quickly and then ubered back to the airport - at airport by 2:30. It was a great way to grab lunch and spend some time - and loved seeing the beautiful beach and palm trees. It was a nice end to vacation before sitting in the airport :-)

See if your ship offers a post cruise tour to the Everglades. We did this recently on our own and it was alot of fun to ride the airboats and to see the alligators in the 'glades.

The OP and family are already home, see previous post #14. Nice idea tho as we have done that excursion [emoji6]

• 2 weeks later...
Just to update - we got out of the terminal around 11:30 and took a cab to Hollywood Beach Resort. (Uber would have been less $$). Left our bags at the bell desk and had a great lunch at Landshark Bar and Grill overlooking the beautiful beach. Walked down to the beach quickly and then ubered back to the airport - at airport by 2:30. It was a great way to grab lunch and spend some time - and loved seeing the beautiful beach and palm trees. It was a nice end to vacation before sitting in the airport :-)

Our flight this December isn't until 6:30 pm. My kids like the idea of going to Margaritaville Beach Resort for the day. Based on what CruisingMom has said, it sounds like the hotel is fine with you leaving your bags with the Bell Captain even though you won't be staying there overnight. Have other people done this same thing?

Thanks!

We just got off the Allure this past Sunday with some time to kill before our flight so we went to the movies, great way to kill a few hours especially since it was a rainy day.