Picture-A-Week 2017 - Week 21

Anthropomorphism - Attribution of human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to inanimate objects, animals, or natural phenomena. Also: Pareidolia - The perception of a recognizable image or meaningful pattern where none exists or is intended. These are terms that are used to explain why the human brain takes visual patterns in nature and assigns meaning to them. Think inkblot test. This allows people see a “man in the moon”, the alien face in the photo of the Cydonia region of Mars or line up for a mile to see a stain on a stucco wall touted as an image of the Virgin Mary. It might also explain why I see a foot with toes when I look at this photo of a Prickly Pear cactus.

Cactus Toes

p2345746487-5.jpg

Dave

anthropomorphism - attribution of human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to inanimate objects, animals, or natural phenomena. Also: Pareidolia - the perception of a recognizable image or meaningful pattern where none exists or is intended. It might also explain why i see a foot with toes when i look at this photo of a prickly pear cactus.

Cactus toes

p2345746487-5.jpg

dave

cute!

Anthropomorphism - Attribution of human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to inanimate objects, animals, or natural phenomena. Also: Pareidolia - The perception of a recognizable image or meaningful pattern where none exists or is intended. These are terms that are used to explain why the human brain takes visual patterns in nature and assigns meaning to them. Think inkblot test. This allows people see a “man in the moon”, the alien face in the photo of the Cydonia region of Mars or line up for a mile to see a stain on a stucco wall touted as an image of the Virgin Mary. It might also explain why I see a foot with toes when I look at this photo of a Prickly Pear cactus.

Cactus Toes

p2345746487-5.jpg

Dave

Aren't these the new acupuncture insoles that everyone wants...;)

Dickie