Copenhagen Airport to Port

estebofarr

I would post your questions on Danish Viking's "Wonderful Copenhagen" thread. There are good links on this thread that may answer some of your questions.

Nordhavn is not within walking distance. If you choose a bus from the cruise port you will most likely have to transfer, which is not a big deal as busses run frequently, are punctual, and per published schedules. You will be carrying your luggage onboard the bus with you.

We used the city busses and trains extensively during our most recent stay in Copenhagen. Highly recommended.

Edited by PNW Traveler

• 4 months later...

The least expensive way to get from the airport or the city to the cruiseport is by public transportation. It's easy to do and do-able with luggage (especially since your kids are old enough to handle their own luggage.) We did it and many others here have done it as well. The cost will be 36 DKK per person. (E.g. A taxi from the airport will cost around 350 DKK to Oceankaj or 275 DKK to Langelinie.)

For details on how to get to either Oceankaj or Langelinie from the airport or the city using public transportation, see Post #1 on "Wonderful Copenhagen 2016". Danish Viking, the creator of that thread, has provided directions with photos.

Edited by GradUT

• 2 weeks later...
Yes its Oceankaj

http://www.cmport.dk/ships-in-port/cruise-ships/season-current

Both bus 25 and 27 runs from Oceankaj to either Østerport (25 and 27) or Nørreport (25)

http://www.dinoffentligetransport.dk/KoereplanerPdf/27-0027-131215.pdf

The info page for bus 25 is updated but the timetable is for the 2015 season.

http://www.dinoffentligetransport.dk/trafikinformation/koereplaner/koereplaner-bus/25/

So the Oceankaj is pier C330 and is also named Nynashamn?????

We were really concerned as to what the best method of getting from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the ship. There are four of us traveling together so there are four large suitcases (we are doing a BTB transatlantic) and our carryon stuff and didn't feel comfortable using public transportation and schlepping the stuff to the hotel.

It appeared that a cab was quite expensive and maybe wouldn't handle all of us providing we could get one at the airport. We heard of a private service called Tinker Travel and checked them out. They have three tiers of travel from a van that can take lots of folks to various locations to the private limo that can handle all our stuff and the price was less than a single cab. It was 31Euros from the airport to the Hotel Bethel. They only go from the airport or cruiseport so they can't take us from the hotel to the ship. We'll use the hotel to call a cab for this.

So, you might want to check out Tinker Travel online for travel from the airport or from the ship to the airport.

We will be arriving in Copenhagen next year and staying at the Hotel Bethel, we plan to get a cab as there could be 4 of us from our Roll Call. During our 3 day stay before our cruise, we wish to visit the Carlsberg Brewery and wondered other then public buses which looks to take up to 30 minutes, if there is an easier way for us to get to the Brewery & back. Thank you.

As you are asking for information for next year this information can be outdated but you'll get it anyways.

There is a free bus going from Frihedstøtten at the central station to the Zoo and Carlsberg.

It goes once every hour from 11:00 to 17:00 and it should take no more than 15 minutes or so.

Marriott is in walking distance from the Central station, you however just take a bus from Kongens Nytorv to the central station.

Bus 26 will get you to the same bus stop ad Frihedsstøtten.

If this service is not offered in 2017 then they just opened the Carlsberg S-train station on line B towards Høje Taastrup and line C And H towards Frederikssund or Ballerup.

Its just 2 stops after the central station.

The visitors center is located 500 meters or so from the station.

Just when you exit the station you turn left on the steep ramp up to the bridge, on the bridge you turn right and are on Gammel Carlsberg Vej where the visitors center is.

Edited by Danish viking

I would like to add myself to the list of happy customers using public transportation to get from the airport to Oceankaj. Specifically, using the M2 Metro and bus #25. It really couldn't be any easier. You can roll your suitcase the entire way and it requires virtually no lifting. As of 7/4/16, it cost two people 10.74 USD and takes about an hour to make the trip. I felt really bad for the other people on my cruise paying 40 USD per person to make the same trip though the cruise line. :p

One thing I would like to point out is that Google Maps does not recognize the #25 bus that runs only when cruise ships are in town. You cannot use their mapping service to tell you how to make the trip with the #25 bus.

Edited by rmats

I would like to add myself to the list of happy customers using public transportation to get from the airport to Oceankaj. Specifically, using the M2 Metro and bus #25. It really couldn't be any easier. You can roll your suitcase the entire way and it requires virtually no lifting. As of 7/4/16, it cost two people 10.74 USD and takes about an hour to make the trip. I felt really bad for the other people on my cruise paying 40 USD per person to make the same trip though the cruise line. :p

One thing I would like to point out is that Google Maps does not recognize the #25 bus that runs only when cruise ships are in town. You cannot use their mapping service to tell you how to make the trip with the #25 bus.

So did you take the M2 Metro to Norreport and change there to bus #25? We are departing on a Sunday, and really want to make sure we know how to do this correctly, and that the bus will really be running that day!

So did you take the M2 Metro to Norreport and change there to bus #25? We are departing on a Sunday, and really want to make sure we know how to do this correctly, and that the bus will really be running that day!

Yes, that is exactly what we did. The only other thing I would say you need to be aware of is that the bus only runs until 1 hr before the last ship is scheduled to leave Oceankaj that day. Hopefully you aren't cutting it that close anyway. :)

Here is the schedule for bus #25: http://www.dinoffentligetransport.dk/KoereplanerPdf/25-0025-010116.pdf

Yes, that is exactly what we did. The only other thing I would say you need to be aware of is that the bus only runs until 1 hr before the last ship is scheduled to leave Oceankaj that day. Hopefully you aren't cutting it that close anyway. :)

Here is the schedule for bus #25: http://www.dinoffentligetransport.dk/KoereplanerPdf/25-0025-010116.pdf

Thank you so much - I had never been able to find a schedule online. I feel much better now! And no, I can guarantee we will not be cutting it close!:)

No Copenhagen shuts down during the weekend :D

Just kidding, the metro runs 24/7/365.

The timetable for bus 25 was provided just 2 post above your own so look for your date of departure/arrival and see if the bus is running on that day.

If not you can take bus 27 from Østerport station instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Since my husband doesn't walk well, we will need to either do a private shuttle or cab to the Hotel Bethel from the Airport. If it were the daughter & I we would most likely do the public transit. We will be arriving on Wednesday next August of 2017 for our cruise.

Marriott is in walking distance from the Central station, you however just take a bus from Kongens Nytorv to the central station.

Bus 26 will get you to the same bus stop ad Frihedsstøtten.

If this service is not offered in 2017 then they just opened the Carlsberg S-train station on line B towards Høje Taastrup and line C And H towards Frederikssund or Ballerup.

Its just 2 stops after the central station.

The visitors center is located 500 meters or so from the station.

Just when you exit the station you turn left on the steep ramp up to the bridge, on the bridge you turn right and are on Gammel Carlsberg Vej where the visitors center is.

Our flight arrives in CPH at 7:15 AM, will probably be around 8 AM after getting luggage. Do you know if there will be taxi's in the area that early to take us to Oceankaj for the Regal Princess. If so, any idea of price for 2 people and 4 large suitcases plus carry on's. Thanks so much.

Our flight arrives in CPH at 7:15 AM, will probably be around 8 AM after getting luggage. Do you know if there will be taxi's in the area that early to take us to Oceankaj for the Regal Princess. If so, any idea of price for 2 people and 4 large suitcases plus carry on's. Thanks so much.

The taxi fare from CPH to Oceankaj will be in the vicinity of 350 - 400 DKK. There will be plenty of taxis at the airport when you arrive.

The taxi fare from CPH to Oceankaj will be in the vicinity of 350 - 400 DKK. There will be plenty of taxis at the airport when you arrive.

Thank you so much for your response. Are there plenty of the luggage carts in the international terminal? We'll need one to get all of our luggage to the taxi line. Also, looking at private car services, prices all over the place!

Again, many thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We arrived at Copenhagen airport two days ago and there were plenty of free luggage carts in the baggage collection hall. We wheeled our luggage right outside and no wait at all for a taxi to our hotel in central Copenhagen. Very easy and the cost for the taxi was 270 DKK. Cost for taxi from Hotel to Ocean Quay 235 DKK. We already reserved the cruise lines transfer back to the airport at the end of the cruise and I believe it was $28 per person.

I went from the airport to cruise port this morning.

We got on the bus at Norreport and were the only people to get on. However, at the next stop there was a huge queue and it was touch and go whether everyone would get on. This was at about 11.30am

At the final stop, not everyone would have got on. Luckily, by this time the next bus had almost caught up with us, so most people got on that.

I'd certainly recommend getting on at Norreport.