Anthem of the Seas

Purely speculation, but it is designed for all weather cruising, which would make Alaska a logical fit. But there are also rumors around regarding a European home. We will have to wait and see.

I know this is an Anthem thread, but on another note, I would think that one of the next two Oasis ships could end up in Puerto Rico for the southern Caribbean. Again, just pure speculation.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Purely speculation, but it is designed for all weather cruising, which would make Alaska a logical fit. But there are also rumors around regarding a European home. We will have to wait and see.

I know this is an Anthem thread, but on another note, I would think that one of the next two Oasis ships could end up in Puerto Rico for the southern Caribbean. Again, just pure speculation.

Not sure you will see a big enough demand out of Puerto Rico to make it suitable for an Oasis Class out of that port.

With all the talk that has been going on with the push for expansion out of Port Canaveral, one could very well end up there but I don't see anything on that ship other than an Eastern or Western Caribbean itinerary.

And with a 3rd ship coming to Port Canaveral in 2014/2015 you are more likely to see a southern Option from Port Canaveral. Part of me says this because a) it's what I want :p and b) because it would make sense with the expansion going on here in the Orlando area with all of the theme parks adding in more resorts. And with that you expect people to extend their vacations with options for cruises.

Some say Anthem may end up in Florida. I don't see that happening unless Oasis or Allure was relocated.

G85 SS - it really is all good food for thought, though, when you look at 3 Quantum class total and a 3rd Oasis class committed to with a 4th Oasis option open until this December - with rumors reported that it will be contracted. They all have to go somewhere!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

G85 SS - it really is all good food for thought, though, when you look at 3 Quantum class total and a 3rd Oasis class committed to with a 4th Oasis option open until this December - with rumors reported that it will be contracted. They all have to go somewhere!

That they do. I would think you would see the Freedom Class ships end up elsewhere. RCCL seems like they are not wanting to move Oasis or Allure too far from their HQ other than for drydock purposes. lol

We shall see.

does anyone have any predictions to where Anthem will homeport as im curious to see if they put a Quantum Class ship in Alaska

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

:eek::D O...M...GEEEEEEEE!!!!

That would be SO awesome! And since I'm planning to do an Alaska cruise in 2017, that gives them plenty of time to work that out!

But isn't it too big for Alaska? Given that they have such small ships there now?

:eek::D O...M...GEEEEEEEE!!!!

That would be SO awesome! And since I'm planning to do an Alaska cruise in 2017, that gives them plenty of time to work that out!

But isn't it too big for Alaska? Given that they have such small ships there now?

I don't think it's too big.

The only class RCCL sails in Alaska is the Radiance Class and that is because much like the Quantum class, it is designed so it can sail in cold weather. Things like Climate controlled Solarium, Climate controlled sports area(Quantum), etc.

Not sure you will see a big enough demand out of Puerto Rico to make it suitable for an Oasis Class out of that port.

With all the talk that has been going on with the push for expansion out of Port Canaveral, one could very well end up there but I don't see anything on that ship other than an Eastern or Western Caribbean itinerary.

And with a 3rd ship coming to Port Canaveral in 2014/2015 you are more likely to see a southern Option from Port Canaveral. Part of me says this because a) it's what I want :p and b) because it would make sense with the expansion going on here in the Orlando area with all of the theme parks adding in more resorts. And with that you expect people to extend their vacations with options for cruises.

Some say Anthem may end up in Florida. I don't see that happening unless Oasis or Allure was relocated.

I would LOVE a southern Caribbean itinerary out of PC!

Southampton seems the most likely choice for Anthem. The rumors are all already out there. The same kind of rumors that were telling us the Quantum will be in Bayonne, well, it is!

These two routes have a very specific weather profile, first two to three days often cold, rainy and windy, until you reach the heat of the Caribbean or Mediterranean.

The two ships are being built for this exact specification. The covered solarium for example makes total sense for these colder climates.

Why would they spend so much on building a 'weatherproof' ship, just to base it in Florida? They would have to be crazy. Maybe they are, who knows?

Southampton seems the most likely choice for Anthem. The rumors are all already out there. The same kind of rumors that were telling us the Quantum will be in Bayonne, well, it is!

These two routes have a very specific weather profile, first two to three days often cold, rainy and windy, until you reach the heat of the Caribbean or Mediterranean.

The two ships are being built for this exact specification. The covered solarium for example makes total sense for these colder climates.

Makes sense and would support the European-based rumors. Quantum-3 may also be a fit for Alaska then as well as mentioned before.

Why would they spend so much on building a 'weatherproof' ship, just to base it in Florida? They would have to be crazy. Maybe they are, who knows?

i agree florida may be a port of call but the homeports and locations can be anywhere

Yes - supposedly open until December. As mentioned before, rumor has it that they are planning on building it.

i think it would be sweet if they built it, then they can deploy them to different areas and different ports

I would LOVE a southern Caribbean itinerary out of PC!

Would love to see Oasis or Allure in PC and send Freedom to NO! They need to spread the newer bigger ships around. I would sail more often that way.

Edited by Gon2hwe

Would love to see Oasis or Allure in PC and send Freedom to NO! They need to spread the newer bigger ships around. I would sail more often that way.

Oasis Class

Freedom Class

Vision Class

Those seem the likely prospects if a third ship is called to Port Canaveral permanently.

But I am very confident Florida will not see a Quantum Class ship which should make others around the world very happy.