WDW after cruise/Magic Bands

Hi, I am thinking of adding days before or after my November cruise. I know that DCL and WDW were always considered "separate" for booking purposes.

Does anyone know if I add the days thru DCL (for ease of having the whole package and transfers together, rather than booking directly with WDW) if I will still be able to choose magic band colors, etc. thru My Disney Experience on the WDW website?

If not, how is that handled if I book my extra land days directly thru DCL?

TIA!

You just need a reservation number to order the magic bands....

But some thoughts--if you book your extra days thru DCL, you will pay "rack rate" for the room as well as any tickets or whatever you might add. We often find the pricing better by booking the WDW separately. Most of the fall has the free dining, which you can't get by going thru DCL.

It is VERY easy to book separately. You book the transfers thru DCL as part of your cruise reservation. From the minute you would set foot on WDW property, those days are booked thru WDW. Your Magical Express back to the airport is part of your WDW reservation.

A good travel agent can book it separately but present the whole thing to the client as a seamless vacation...or you can essentially do the same thing on your own.

I have NEVER seen a better price on the land portion by going thru DCL--always did better on my own.

THanks MM. I've booked separately previously too, but I already checked and our dates aren't available for the discounted rates, so I thought it would just be easier to keep it together with DCL.

I didn't realize the WDW site would take a DCL reservation number for the Magic Bands tho.

THanks MM. I've booked separately previously too, but I already checked and our dates aren't available for the discounted rates, so I thought it would just be easier to keep it together with DCL.

I didn't realize the WDW site would take a DCL reservation number for the Magic Bands tho.

I don't know if the site will accept the DCL reservation number, although if that is the number for the entire reservation, it ought to work. That might be something to ask before you book. The customized bands are fun!