Disney Magic 3 night with Teen/Tweens?

kbt4474

I just booked a Disney Magic 3 night cruise as a surprise present for our girls for Christmas. They are 16 & 12. We will be cruising over MLK weekend in January. We have cruised in the past as a family, but this will be our 1st DCL cruise. Our girls LOVE Disney World (we are DVC members & have been to WDW too many times to count). My question is.....are they going to be bored stiff (too many little children activities) or is this 3-night cruise going to be just right & filled with activities for them? Any input is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Kelly :)

If they are looking at programming, the 12 year old will have the option of choosing the Lab (elementary level programming) or the Edge (11-14). Most kids LOVE the Edge. I can't speak to a 3 night cruise, but on longer cruise they do things like video scavenger hunt, make your own commercial, and other fun activities. Your 16 year old will be in the Vibe (14-17). You will note that there is an overlap in each age group. Parents/kids in the overlap ages can decide which program is more suitable for that child.

In addition, there are plenty of family activities that the kids can do together. The only problem is that on a 3 night cruise, you don't have a sea day...so there are fewer activities scheduled on the ship than on longer cruises.

Will they be able to be together in certain activities? We will prob skip Nassau & spend the day on the ship since it is such a short cruise. The 12 yr old is quite attached to our 16. Thank you!!

That's the point of family activities--open to people of all ages.

Other than that, there are "open house" times in each of the areas where anyone can have fun. They can even go to the Oceaneer's Club (normally little kid area) and do whatever they might wish. DON'T laugh --on the trans-Atlantic cruise we had "adult only" time in the Oceaneer's Club.

Do note that during open house, the CMs have no oversight responsibilities beyond basic safety. Little kids need parental supervision.

Thank you for the insight. We did a 7 day on the Carnival Liberty & had a horrible time. Starting back off with a 3 day to see if we can work our way back up to a longer cruise. :)

Thank you for the insight. We did a 7 day on the Carnival Liberty & had a horrible time. Starting back off with a 3 day to see if we can work our way back up to a longer cruise. :)

I really prefer 4 night cruises to 3 night--3 just doesn't give you enough time to enjoy the ship. But I see where you are coming from. Have fun!

I think I would have preferred the 4 night, too. The 3 night just worked better with the girls' school schedules--it didn't hurt that we got a great deal on a guarantee balcony. :)

Did the Magic this past February break with 15 yr old nephew. He has been on the Dream a few times, Wonder twice and two longer NCL cruises. He said, and I quote " this last Magic cruise was my best one yet". He loved the teen program and had a blast with the teens he met.