Explore of the Seas & Arthur

I have friend on Explore of the Seas . I have been tracking the ship as it heads Bermuda. They just left today and are south west of Atlantic City NJ now.I know that the storm is south of them. But Arthur is not a dot on a map it covers a large area. The ship tracking sites that I have looked at tell me where the ship is but no weather or sea conditions. Does any one know of such a site?

Try noaa.gov or weather.gov. Sorry - I do not have regular computer access right now.

:)

Thanks. Maybe I can find wind speed and wave heights there. Just looking to see what kind of ride they are having if any.

Click on the box you want.

http://www.oceanweather.com/data/

Doesn't look too bad.

"How do I read a wind barb?

The wind barbs indicate both the wind speed in knots (nautical mile per hour) and the wind direction (from which the wind is coming from). Each flag on a wind barb indicates 50 knots, each long segment is 10 knots, and each short segment is 5 knots. To get the wind speed, just add up the flags and segments."

Doesn't look too bad.

The wind barbs indicate both the wind speed in knots (nautical mile per hour) and the wind direction (from which the wind is coming from). Each flag on a wind barb indicates 50 knots, each long segment is 10 knots, and each short segment is 5 knots. To get the wind speed, just add up the flags and segments."

Your signature is fabulous. It is nice to see someone who is enjoying life above land and on the sea!

Doesn't look too bad.

Thanks a lot. Great site.

I does not look back with the wave heights. I wonder how the wind is doing out there. I guess angle that the wind is hitting the cruise ship, would make a difference.

Edited by geocruiser

The Explorer is going to have extra company in Bermuda, at least on Sat. Carnival had to divert a ship heading to Canada to Bermuda. Probably some disgruntled pax since some can never deal with any change, even if it's for their safety.