Recent Marina bar menu with prices?

Muckyduckway

Hello

It seems quite tricky to find up-to-date bar menus with prices for Marina/Riviera (I'm assuming they will be the same).

The most recent I've been able to find is 2014. I can't imagine the prices haven't gone up.

Does anyone have a site address or pics they would be willing to share?

I know some will be thinking just wait till you get on the ship - but we would like to work out whether buying a Premium Package would be worthwhile. Going on what I've seen so far, it's touch and go, so menus would help.

Many thanks in advance,

John

I believe Jim &Stan posted them here last week. There is much discussion here about the value of the packages. A search should reveal a lot of them.

Thank you Flo. Perfect.

Believe it or not, I had read the Preismans pages thoroughly when researching at booking stage and even bookmarked, but somehow missed them when searching for this specific information.

I will now head off on an imaginary cruise, creating a bar tab tally as I go

Many thanks all

John

Hello

It seems quite tricky to find up-to-date bar menus with prices for Marina/Riviera (I'm assuming they will be the same).

The most recent I've been able to find is 2014. I can't imagine the prices haven't gone up.

Does anyone have a site address or pics they would be willing to share?

I know some will be thinking just wait till you get on the ship - but we would like to work out whether buying a Premium Package would be worthwhile. Going on what I've seen so far, it's touch and go, so menus would help.

Many thanks in advance,

John

No menus on hand but do remember that the premium package price ($60/person/day when we were on Marina this past January '16) includes the 18% tip.. For premium spirits like Bombay Sapphire, a single shot drink would easily top $10-12 plus tip. The better wines by-the-glass (e.g., the Shramsberg Mirabelle) approach $15 per serving plus tip. A good rule of thumb is four drinks/day to break even. However, for spirits, I do suggest ordering doubles and that's when the package makes a big difference. Another factor to consider (if the price/value is important) is the length of the cruise and whether one could maintain their average daily booze pace over more than 3 weeks.

This August we're doing the Panama Canal from our home port SF to NY. Because we'll probably bring as much wine as we can manage, we may pass on the package and just drink some really great wine.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

However, for spirits, I do suggest ordering doubles and that's when the package makes a big difference. Another factor to consider (if the price/value is important) is the length of the cruise and whether one could maintain their average daily booze pace over more than 3 weeks.

This is one of the reasons I wanted an up-to-date menu - individual drinks vary quite a bit and some spirits are a must as doubles as US measures are quite small .

This August we're doing the Panama Canal from our home port SF to NY. Because we'll probably bring as much wine as we can manage, we may pass on the package and justdrink some really great wine.

Sounds fun, have a great trip.