Anyone with Reservation at Hampton Inn St. Charles Street New Orleans

mo gal

Just wanted to give a heads up anyone with reservations at the Hampton Inn and Suites in the Garden District on St. Charles on Sept 1st you may want to call after making several attempts to call and since yesterday and then again this morning at 3:00 a.m. their line had been busy. I called Hampton Inn direct and was found out that this Hampton Inn didn't have any power and they were emailing people to let them know that they wouldn't be opened for business. Well I told them I had never received an email from them and we needed a place to stay tomorrow night since we would be leaving on the Conquest on Sunday Sept 2nd. So I just thought I would get the word out that if you do have a reservation with them and haven't receive a email about them being closed you may want to check other places. We may have been the only ones staying here and the reason was because it was free cruise parking the duration of you trip.

Hampton Inn by the Port is up and running, we will be there tomorrow night.

We're now staying at the Hilton on the riverfront it got great reviews on trip advisor and they were really nice (since Hampton Inn is their sister partner) they took off 4 days of parking for us so I was very pleased with the results since we were going to get free parking at the other Hampton Inn. I'm just ready to get on the Conquest and get some rest:o

If flying, the airport is open and if driving most roads are open.

http://www.lsp.org/roadclosure.html

If driving, current recommendations (these can change)

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2012/08/dotd_releases_best_routes_for.html

Coming from the west drivers will have to take a detour off of Interstate 10 around a closure near Gramercy:

• Take exit 187 to U.S. 61 toward Gramercy.
  • Turn right onto Highway 641
  • Highway 641 will turn into Highway 3127 near the Mississippi River
  • Take Interstate 310 to New Orleans and connect to I-10 east.

Drivers coming from the east should take I-10 to Interstate 610 and then get back on I-10 west of the city.

Archived