Sorrento-Positano-Pompeii?

twoboys

We will be on the Star breeze in September. I have read thousands of reviews of private tours and I have contacted several companies, and it has left me further confused. I also responded to a post on our not so active Roll Call. We were going back and forth between doing Pompeii, Vesuvius and Herculaneum instead. But we wanted to see Positano and have a lovely lunch. The prices range from $270E to $600E for the 2 of us depending on what is included. So its an expensive venture. If anyone has a glowing recommendation for a company (that I have probably already emailed :), or is on that cruise and is not in the Roll Call and wants to share an all inclusive (kind of expensive) excursion, please let me know. Thank you.

PS I am a top contributor to Trip Advisor, so I have been researching there as well

Several years ago we put in at Sorrento (on Wind Spirit) with nothing arranged in advance. We asked the cruise director if she could get us a taxi (4 of us) to drive us over the mountain to the Amalfi coast and stay with us to bring us back.

Set us back about 400 Euros total and was well worth it.

One of the distinct pleasures of sailing with Wind Star is how the small passenger loads permit the cd's to help with unusual requests for shore experiences. On that same cruise we visited Katakolon (near Olympia) where three couples wanted to take a tour of the ancient Olympic site. The original tour was sold out so she simply called the tour operator and asked them to send over a second bus. About 15 minutes later the bus arrived and at the CD's request, the operator offered to move some folks from the full bus to reduce the crowds.

I can't say that this is normal or not but it's one more reason we love Wind Star cruises.