Question regarding Dargon's Tail Coaster at Labadee

HeidiHo

We are sailing on NOS next month. I want to do the Dragon's Tail Coaster. I have heard that one some sailings you can buy an unlimited ride ticket but that doesn't seem to be available for our sailing, only the single ride. The problem with that is you have to choose a time. I really want to be more flexible than that so I was wondering if you can just walk over there and buy a ticket at that time. I know it might be busy at times and perhaps there would be a wait. If you can do that, does any one know when a good time to go over there is? I just don't want to be locked into a set time which is why I would have been willing to buy the unlimited ride ticket if it was available.

Take this with a grain of salt because this is in no way authoritative and I'm not super-experienced, but I was in Labadee on Jan 9 with only Grandeur docked. Dragon's Tail and Dragon's Flight both weren't very busy. The zip line employees were extremely bored for long periods of time, sitting around doing nothing, and they were taking walk-ups.

The zip line landing pad was completely unstaffed for long periods of time since nobody was coming down. I'm pretty sure it was the same for the coaster because I saw very few coming down the track from a distance.

The prices for both were high to me so I didn't participate in either. ($99 USD for the zip line, about $1/second of ride time.) I also only ever saw single-ride fares for Dragon's Tail, not unlimited. It was about $35 CAD for a single ride (advance booking price). I could pay the same price for all-day admission to a decent Cedar Fair amusement park an hour from my house and ride all the coasters as many times as I want.

I watched a YouTube video of Dragon's Tail before my cruise and felt comfortable with my decision not to pay the (in my opinion) exorbitant price.

Just back from Labadee on Anthem sailing.

Pre-cruise only 1 ride was available to book on the coaster. Once at Labadee we were able to add unlimited rides for $10 more.

Well worth it in my opinion, loved the ride and the view.

Thanks for the replies. I would LOVE to do the zip line but I agree, it's way too expensive. I would probably do it if I had never zip lined before but I have done 2 absolutely fantastic zip lines in MX so I just can't bring myself to pay that much for ONE zip line, no matter how awesome it looks.

However, I have never done a coaster like the Dragon's Tail and even though it's a bit expensive too it's a lot less than the zip line. I might just take my chances and go for buying once there. It wouldn't be the end of the world if it was too busy. I think we are the only ship there that day though.

I was there the week of Thanksgiving and was able to walk up. There was no waiting to sign up/pay and maybe 2 or 3 people ahead of us in line to get on. We may have waited all of 5 minutes to get on. My son (age 15) loved it. I'm not a roller coaster fan and I only went because he wanted me to do it with him. I paid $25 per person that day.

• 3 weeks later...

I was there in December on Navigator, and spent most of the day on the beach right by the Coaster. I don't think I saw more than 20-30 people do it all day long. I don't think you'll have ANY problem walking up and purchasing on the spot whenever you feel like it!

• 4 months later...
I'm going to Labadee in October and want to do both rides. Can anyone tell me are they near each other? Which one should I do first?

You should do whichever one first you want to do first.

Everyplace on Labadee is within a 15 minute walk of everything else.

Make your reservation for the zipline, then do the coaster before or after, however it works best for you.

this help?

labadeelinkmap2.jpg

as mentioned the area from the foot of the pier to the top of the mountain aka top of the zip line is about 0.6 miles ....

as you can see the zip and the coaster are next to each other ... they are on the same hill

BUT, unless things have changed you check in at #3 (been a couple of years for me) ... and then get on a "beach buggy" for lack of a better description and are driven to the top of the hill. And the tour booking on land is at #12, if you did not pre-book . . .

I've never seen these things busy ... sitting on the beach and watching the hill I saw LONG lulls ...LONG

at #3 you see the practice zip line which you do first.

if you have an all day pass for the coaster I do not know how they get you back to the top .... perhaps an 'express beach buggy' :p

Edited by Capt_BJ