First time cruising from NYC

FRANCOIS

I am looking to book january 02, 2007 Cruise on the Spirit from NYC. I did Princess and Carnival before but from Miami and Fort Lauderdale in calm water.

Is the water that terrible from NYC ?

After reading some of the post, I am wondering what to do now. Flight to florida or what!

We had last year in the Carribean sea some good waves but it was just anough to help you to sleep!

Please comments.

We cruised last Jan., into Feb., out of NY.

Great cruise:)

We hit the unexpected N'easter snowstorm on our return to NY.

Quite a wild ride home but well worth the trip;)

Do it...life is an adventure.

PS...I've done the Canada/NE twice out of NY.

I LOVE Quebec. What nice people!

Thinking of doing it again next year:)

I can't help you as we are only sailing in March but I wanted to say hello to a fellow Quebecer and to say that I also cruised on the SS Britanis. If my calculations are correct it was around 1986 but I'm honestly not that sure.

What a little ship compared to the ones they're building today! :)

Have a great cruise!

Sandy

If you're leaving your car at the pier, remember to pack gloves and de-icer with you so you have them on your return to get into your car. You should also have an ice scaper and small snow shovel in the car so you can dig out or chip away.

We sailed out of NYC last January. We won't be doing it again. Jan/Feb will be either WDW or sail out of Florida or further south.

We cruised from Norfolk two years ago in Feb and I will never do it again for two reasons. Due to weather the ship was late arriving before our departure and late returning. The Seas were not good either way and were very bad returning. Even closed the deck. Additional the weather is not good from Norfolk to the first port, so it was like losing at least a day each way of nice weather and sun. I am sure that it depends on the time of year and one must weigh the air fare, but not for us again.

• 5 years later...

cant beleive I havent seen your answer, better later then never :)

only 6 years later!

small world isnt it? same city same ship.

it was my first cruise on the SS Britanis with Wardair as air company.

being my first cruise the ship seems big, but now I agree with you it is very small

try this website I met M Rubben Goossens and he ask me for picture of the ship, have a look and it will make memories maybe come back!

bye

http://ca.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0geu8PwiwlQYzYA5F7rFAx.;_ylu=X3oDMTE1azZuY3JpBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA01TWUNBMDFfNzQ-/SIG=11sp9qca5/EXP=1342831728/**http%3a//www.ssmaritime.com/britanis-2.htm

Archived