Help! Courtesy Hold Reminder - pending payments?

Today when I logged in to Manage My Cruise on the Carnival website, I got a pop-up box that said:

Courtesy Hold Reminder:

• There are pending payments on your booking

We're Early Saver and I upgraded 2 cabins for our cruise a couple of days ago but I made an extra payment for each to make sure I had still paid over 50% of the total for each cabin, and even according to the figures on the Manage My Cruise section, I've actually paid 53% of one and 59% of another. Any ideas what this pop-up message might mean? I'm a bit worried about being cancelled in error. :confused: Thanks!

Depending on the price of the cruise, 50% may not cover the entire downpayment. For a 5 day cruise, it is $200 per person, not sure of the requirements for other cruise lengths. When in doubt, call Carnival to see what's going on just to be safe.

It's an 8 day cruise and I've paid $900 on one cabin and $700 on the other so I doubt it's a minimum payment thing either. The small print in the email only mentions the 50% deposit aspect and my final payment is not due until the end of September. Calling Carnival costs me $20 a time from the UK and I've spent $40 calling them already about this cruise, which is eating away at any price drops we get, so I'm hoping the regulars on here might have heard of this happen in the past and know why. I have submitted an online contact form thing, but they always take so long to get back to me that I'm hoping someone might have some insight in the meantime.

Today when I logged in to Manage My Cruise on the Carnival website, I got a pop-up box that said:

Courtesy Hold Reminder:

We're Early Saver and I upgraded 2 cabins for our cruise a couple of days ago but I made an extra payment for each to make sure I had still paid over 50% of the total for each cabin, and even according to the figures on the Manage My Cruise section, I've actually paid 53% of one and 59% of another. Any ideas what this pop-up message might mean? I'm a bit worried about being cancelled in error. :confused: Thanks!

I to got this message when logging into my booking, they have advised its because i have booked through a third party who are allocating payment to Carnival. Unsure if this is this case for your booking.

Calling Carnival costs me $20 a time from the UK and I've spent $40 calling them already about this cruise, which is eating away at any price drops we get,

Always call Carnival on their 1-800 number through Skype. I'm overseas as well and sometimes spend 30 minutes on hold. If the call is free, I don't even mind.

They're open 24 hrs, so call them now.

It's an 8 day cruise and I've paid $900 on one cabin and $700 on the other so I doubt it's a minimum payment thing either. The small print in the email only mentions the 50% deposit aspect and my final payment is not due until the end of September. Calling Carnival costs me $20 a time from the UK and I've spent $40 calling them already about this cruise, which is eating away at any price drops we get, so I'm hoping the regulars on here might have heard of this happen in the past and know why. I have submitted an online contact form thing, but they always take so long to get back to me that I'm hoping someone might have some insight in the meantime.

I went to my booking and got this same message. I know that for me, my required deposits are paid and I'm still not at final payment yet. I booked through my PVP so no outside party is involved.

Courtesy Hold Reminder:

I'm also wondering about this message. We have a full deposit on our cruise and final payment is not due until 11/04/13.

I haven't been able to get past "view cruise details" for either of my cruises. Several days ago I when I clicked on "view cruise details" I got an error message saying the site is not available and down for maintenance not to worry. This morning I also received the pop up message about pending payments. All my deposits have been paid in full and my final payments are no where near due. It must be their site having issues again.

Looks like there are a few of us in the same boat! :cool: I didn't book through a third party either, I booked directly on the Carnival website. Very strange. I've never used Skype before, but if I have to ring Carnival again I think I'll sign up. That said I can't do it now because I'm at work :)

I had to check and I got the message too. I am in the USA, booked with a Carnival PVP and I know I have the right amount of deposits and final payment isn't due until October. I sent an email to my PVP but I'm not worried about it. It sounds like a glitch to me. I'll come back with my PVP answer as soon as I get it.

I got the message too. I booked with the 50% deposit ($375 instead of $750 for the 3 of us) through our PVP. I haven't done any upgrades or price adjustments. I'm glad I saw that this was an issue on here first or else I might have worried about it. I will wait a bit and see if it sorts itself out, if not I'll just send a quick confirmation e-mail to my PVP making sure that everything is still good.

Same message and my final payment is not due to 4/24/14. thinking it must be a glitch. I've been trying to book an excursion and I just get the little turning thing and nothing ever shows. Wondering if that is a glitch also.

I'm trying to book FTTF if available and the Oasis on HMC.

It's an 8 day cruise and I've paid $900 on one cabin and $700 on the other so I doubt it's a minimum payment thing either. The small print in the email only mentions the 50% deposit aspect and my final payment is not due until the end of September. Calling me $20 a time from the UK and I've spent $40 calling them already about this cruise, which is eating away at any price drops we getCarnival costs , so I'm hoping the regulars on here might have heard of this happen in the past and know why. I have submitted an online contact form thing, but they always take so long to get back to me that I'm hoping someone might have some insight in the meantime.

the number for the UK is 0843 374 2272

and there is always email

Carnival has a UK website that might be able to help you contacting them

not knowing if you book through US or UK site..but they have been trying to work harder on the UK buisness side.

http://www.carnival.co.uk/

I booked with the US website. Apparently the UK site doesn't offer price protection, which is a big disadvantage. It's also thought to be more expensive generally. Also I've read that if you booked on the US website, the UK Carnival team can't help you, in which case there would be no point in calling the number you gave. So much for globalisation, eh? Thanks for trying to help though :)

the number for the UK is 0843 374 2272

and there is always email

Carnival has a UK website that might be able to help you contacting them

not knowing if you book through US or UK site..but they have been trying to work harder on the UK buisness side.

http://www.carnival.co.uk/

I got the same message today. I booked through a TA. I have made final payment a couple of weeks ago. I upgraded last week and paid for the upgrade at that time. My credit card shows both the final payment and the the upgrade payment going through by Carnival. I think it is an IT glitch.

I had to check and I got the message too. I am in the USA, booked with a Carnival PVP and I know I have the right amount of deposits and final payment isn't due until October. I sent an email to my PVP but I'm not worried about it. It sounds like a glitch to me. I'll come back with my PVP answer as soon as I get it.

Just checked Manage My Cruise & get the same message. Must be a glitch to their website. Our final payment isn't due till 11/4 & 11/7.

Archived