Planning Help- St. George, Hamilton and Crystal Caves

Pixiemom2

We get to Bermuda on Sunday (around 11) and plan on going around the Dock Yard that day since things aren't open in St. George/Hamilton.

On Monday do you suggest St. George or Hamilton? Want to do the Crystal Cave too. Can you take pictures in the caves? Not really into shopping but do like to look at unique/local shops. Mainly want to see some sites and take some pictures.

Tuesday, last day, going on excursion that goes to St. George for an hour or so, is that enough to see the main sites?

Thanks for any input!

Hi,

see my comments :

We get to Bermuda on Sunday (around 11) and plan on going around the Dock Yard that day since things aren't open in St. George/Hamilton. Good idea !!

On Monday do you suggest St. George or Hamilton? Want to do the Crystal Cave too. Can you take pictures in the caves? Not really into shopping but do like to look at unique/local shops. Mainly want to see some sites and take some pictures.

If you are going in St-George on Tuesday with a tour I would then suggest Hamilton. Ferry to Hamilton ( 20 minutes ) then bus to caves ( about 30 minutes ). Yes you can take pictures in the caves ( if you have a dslr, set iso to max for quick shutter because you are on a floating pathway and movement is inevitable ), you have to follow your group and have no time to really setup... As for shops, in my opinion the shops in St-George are more typical of the Island then the ones in Hamilton.

Tuesday, last day, going on excursion that goes to St. George for an hour or so, is that enough to see the main sites?

Is this a ship sponsored excursion ?...if so, is it by bus ? you will spend about 90 minutes EACH way to and from St-George...and only spend 1 hour there :eek: ... is it enough time to SEE the main attractions?...if you do it in the bus, yes you will see them....but I would suggest that :

Monday morning get the 9:30am ferry to St-George (40 minute), enjoy St-George by foot for about 2 or 2 1/2 hours. Take the bus to the caves (20 minutes), enjoy a quick lunch at the Swizzle Inn :p and do the caves. Then bus to Hamilton (30 minutes). Now it should be around 3:30pm, do a little shopping in Hamilton if you want. You can either have dinner in Hamilton or get a ferry to the Dockyard (20 minutes) and voila! In one full day you did St-George, caves and the shops in Hamilton...

Tuesday is now free and you can do whatever you wish...beach, return to Hamilton, do the Lighthouse near the Dockyard, etc...

Thanks for any input!

Have fun !

The Dockyard has a few of those shops, like the glasswork factory and rum cake factory.

IMO St-George has the more typical type of stores ( perfumery, sea glass jewelry, etc.... ) St-George is a historic town with lots of charm and the most charming stores.

In Hamilton you will find the more "trendier" stores with more upscale stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app