Booking Tours paying upfront

helvic

We never book ships tours but on looking at the price of private tours in Tunis we decided to go with Cunard . We have over $1000 on board spend but to pre book we have to pay now, if we cancel they now charge 10%. So we wait until we are on board and hope there are places left. Any ideas!

We never book ships tours but on looking at the price of private tours in Tunis we decided to go with Cunard . We have over $1000 on board spend but to pre book we have to pay now, if we cancel they now charge 10%. So we wait until we are on board and hope there are places left. Any ideas!

I think that is a decision only you can make. I have just checked one of the tours I have booked for my cruise departing Sunday and the tour details state that bookings close 7 days prior to sailing. No chance of booking that one onboard.

I think that "closing 7 days prior to selling" really means that pre-bookings close a week before sailing. The same tours may be available for booking after embarkation (typically at a slightly higher price).

You may well be correct, although I have only seen that stated on one tour (which is two days). I think if I definitely wanted a specific tour I would at the very least check with Cunard first to confirm it will be available to book on board.

You may well be correct, although I have only seen that stated on one tour (which is two days). I think if I definitely wanted a specific tour I would at the very least check with Cunard first to confirm it will be available to book on board.
You're right, that one definitely sounds like a "book in advance" tour.

. I think if I definitely wanted a specific tour I would at the very least check with Cunard first to confirm it will be available to book on board.

I can tell you what the answer to that would be. Pass. Obviously Cunard want you to book in advance and anyway they would have no idea about availability in a port on a specific day.

On some tours the operators can easily add extra guides, busses etc depending on demand, others will have a strict limit for a variety of reasons.

If it's a tour that you would be very disapointed to miss I would say book in advance, if not, quite often it's best to wait. As a previous poster said, it's really up to you.

David.