Fun club

Wirral

I have just returned from a fantastic holiday with my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter on REFLECTION. This is just a quick review of the fun club as I could not find much info about it before I left so thought this might be helpful to others.

Erin was 4 years old during the cruise and attended the Fun factory at least once every day. She LOVED it and the staff were wonderful with all the children. Maybe as Celebrity does not have the same number of children as maybe RC they are made a great fuss of by all staff on board. We could not fault her treatment by the cabin attendant, dinning room staff, buffet staff, coffee bar staff etc., etc., etc.. She was in her element and treated like a princess as were other children I saw round the ship.

I went along to help my DD and SIL to get some time to themselves and to deliver and collect GD from the club. We found that on port days they did open the club at 8am to allow parents to go on early trips. We never used this as I was there and enjoyed breakfast with my GD.

The club hours are 9am-12noon, 2pm - 5pm, 7pm - 10pm and there is a slumber party from 10pm. We never used the latter as GD was fast asleep by then after her exciting days. They also did a lunch for $6 per hour between noon and 2pm and dinner for the same cost between 5pm and 7pm. We used this latter twice. Once for the first formal evening and again later in the cruise when the three of us went to Murano restaurant. She had a great time and so did we!

My DD has the TT of activities for the various days but they did a wide variety of activities. All in all they had a great time on board and my SIL is now planning to go on a cruise with Celebrity again after this wonderful trip.

Thanks for your report. I do had trouble finding much information on the kids club prior to our first Celebrity cruise this past June. My DD (age 7) and DS (age 4) enjoyed the kids club a lot. What I noticed compared to other cruise lines we have sailed (Princess, RCL, NCL) is there seemed to be less children. In a way, this was much better because they got more focused attention from the counselors and they made friends very easily (small group and the same kids participating again and again, which made it easier to make friends). My kids also enjoyed the various kid theme activities (pirate night etc.) and were treated great by all the staff and had a wonderful time.

I also found the pool less crowded too, first time ever that we could find chairs fairly close to the pool! I think more adults preferred the indoor pool and upper decks for sunning - so it was less people packed around the outdoor pool.