All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

I have seen beach volleyball by crew members (kindof their day off), and I did see somewhere on here that they invited cruise guests to play against them. I don't know about anything to pay for. Sorry.

HMC is a private island owned by Carnival Corporation and is a cash cow.

There are more than 20 options to choose. Here is the link:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/ShoreExcursions.action

Type in Caribbean and then Half Moon Cay.......

For further information type in your booking number and it will give you prices of the excursions and also reviews.

HMC is a private island owned by Carnival Corporation and is a cash cow.

There are more than 20 options to choose. Here is the link:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/ShoreExcursions.action

Type in Caribbean and then Half Moon Cay.......

For further information type in your booking number and it will give you prices of the excursions and also reviews.

Yup. Thanks. I meant "pay for" volleyball. I know all the other ways to spend my $$$ in paradise. :D

EY

Yeah if you read my question I was asking about FREE volleyball, I'm sure some people might but if I had to pay I would pass on that

Oy! Yup! I answered your question about free volleyball. I don't know what triggered the other poster's cash cow remark. I think because I mentioned I didn't know if there was rental equipment. :)

Have fun on your cruise!

That's why they hate to miss this stop due to weather or tide conditions.

Just got back from Liberty's 9/29 sailing and we missed the port due to bad weather. So I can't report on Cabana #9 because we never tendered over. Although I had requested and received #9 via email back in July, they had already given it to someone else when I boarded and went to Shore Excursions, and had me down for #8. I showed them the email, they said it had been taken care of, then later when I re-checked they said 'no, you have #8 and this is the final list." Now we'll never know which cabana I'd have ended up with. :eek:

Just got back from Liberty's 9/29 sailing and we missed the port due to bad weather. So I can't report on Cabana #9 because we never tendered over. Although I had requested and received #9 via email back in July, they had already given it to someone else when I boarded and went to Shore Excursions, and had me down for #8. I showed them the email, they said it had been taken care of, then later when I re-checked they said 'no, you have #8 and this is the final list." Now we'll never know which cabana I'd have ended up with. :eek:

Look at it this way. While you may have missed eight hours in paradise, Carnival lost big money, and you saved several hundred.

Half Moon Cay beach is really nice. The tender process sucks. It is a short tender ride but we waited over an hour each way. That really cut into beach time. Also the food the serve at the BarBQ was horrible. Wilted slad bar and crappy barbq that had been sitting out. No other food choices due to private island. Again the beach is prestine tho. Glad to hit this stop once but wouldn't book another cruise to see this port. Grand Turk is just as nice beach and you can walk right off the boat and be on the beach in 15 minutes and the same on returning to the boat.

Half Moon Cay beach is really nice. The tender process sucks. It is a short tender ride but we waited over an hour each way. That really cut into beach time. Also the food the serve at the BarBQ was horrible. Wilted slad bar and crappy barbq that had been sitting out. No other food choices due to private island. Again the beach is prestine tho. Glad to hit this stop once but wouldn't book another cruise to see this port. Grand Turk is just as nice beach and you can walk right off the boat and be on the beach in 15 minutes and the same on returning to the boat.

We love Half Moon Cay and will purposely pick cruises now that have it has a stop!

we didnt wait for our tender to hmc at all, got on the first one and were one of the first people on the beach! :D

Going for my second time this november!

We thought the bar-b-que was actually pretty good, but i didnt expect gourmet dining on an island with almost no electricity, lol

Edited by Anthomaniac

What did you do instead? Was it just another Day at Sea or were you able to stop somewhere else?

What did you do instead? Was it just another Day at Sea or were you able to stop somewhere else?

It was a Sea Day. Carnival printed up new Fun Times that went out around 1 p.m. We just made our way on into St. Thomas earlier, two hours. We also received an extra two hours in Grand Turk (later departure).

The tender process sucks. It is a short tender ride but we waited over an hour each way. That really cut into beach time. Also the food the serve at the BarBQ was horrible. Wilted slad bar and crappy barbq that had been sitting out. No other food choices due to private island. Again the beach is prestine tho. Glad to hit this stop once but wouldn't book another cruise to see this port. Grand Turk is just as nice beach and you can walk right off the boat and be on the beach in 15 minutes and the same on returning to the boat.

Some people just love to complain about everything. You can't satisfy everyone.

Edited by Typhoon1

I will be on the Victory in April and plan on purchasing the alcoholic drinks package (that almost sounds bad...). Will they honor this on HMC or will I have to pay for drinks there?

Thank you everyone for the great information shared here.

I will be on the Victory in April and plan on purchasing the alcoholic drinks package (that almost sounds bad...). Will they honor this on HMC or will I have to pay for drinks there?

Thank you everyone for the great information shared here.

HMC is an extension of the ship so the package would be honored there.

It was a Sea Day. Carnival printed up new Fun Times that went out around 1 p.m. We just made our way on into St. Thomas earlier, two hours. We also received an extra two hours in Grand Turk (later departure).

Thanks. I've never been in that situation but it seems to have worked out okay for you.

Not complaining. I thought HMC was awesome! Just didn't enjoy the tender process. The food was not very good and that's just a fact.

And you don't have a choice but 1 place to eat.I personally just prefer Grand Turk. HMC is hands down the nicest beach I have ever been to. I thought this was a forum where people wanted honest opinions. So here is my not so real opinion. Half Moon Cay was great!! The tender process was amazing no wait at all and the BBQ lunch was fresh hot and the best food I have ever eaten on planet earth!!

Not complaining. I thought HMC was awesome! Just didn't enjoy the tender process. The food was not very good and that's just a fact.

And you don't have a choice but 1 place to eat.I personally just prefer Grand Turk. HMC is hands down the nicest beach I have ever been to. I thought this was a forum where people wanted honest opinions. So here is my not so real opinion. Half Moon Cay was great!! The tender process was amazing no wait at all and the BBQ lunch was fresh hot and the best food I have ever eaten on planet earth!!

I appreciate your honest opinion and I agree that the tender process does need some help. I thought the food was good (not great but good) and the beach is the Best. I would definately go back again in a heartbeat, even with the bad because the good out weighs it so much more.

I wish I was there right now :D

I much prefer HMC to GT, although I like GT. I don't hang around Margaritaville, but get out and about. It's a nice, underdeveloped island (which is how I prefer my islands).

Just how should they "help" the tender process? There are only so many tenders running. After all, it's an uninhabited island.

Used to have to get a tender ticket, so if you wanted to get over there quickly, you simply got up early and got your ticket. Still had to wait for the earliest excursions and the crew/food to get to the island.

But now that I'm Platinum, I just get the earliest "public" tender, cabana or no cabana. ;)

Have always had good food at lunch. Love the jerk chicken!

Guess I'd better check my cabana reservation when I board. I was one of those who emailed Carnival and got a confirmation in the 2-3 day span when EVERYONE was asking for a specific cabana.

Since I'll be onboard the cruise before we stop there, I'll see if the excursion desk has that info available (for the next sailing) so I don't have to spend my turnaround day lurking at the desk in an effort to be the Early Bird (just in case).

I much prefer HMC to GT, although I like GT. I don't hang around Margaritaville, but get out and about. It's a nice, underdeveloped island (which is how I prefer my islands).

Just how should they "help" the tender process? There are only so many tenders running. After all, it's an uninhabited island.

Used to have to get a tender ticket, so if you wanted to get over there quickly, you simply got up early and got your ticket. Still had to wait for the earliest excursions and the crew/food to get to the island.

But now that I'm Platinum, I just get the earliest "public" tender, cabana or no cabana. ;)

Have always had good food at lunch. Love the jerk chicken!

Guess I'd better check my cabana reservation when I board. I was one of those who emailed Carnival and got a confirmation in the 2-3 day span when EVERYONE was asking for a specific cabana.

Since I'll be onboard the cruise before we stop there, I'll see if the excursion desk has that info available (for the next sailing) so I don't have to spend my turnaround day lurking at the desk in an effort to be the Early Bird (just in case).

I also hope they are honoring the pre-picked cabana as I will be there on Nov 1 and have #9 according to the email. If you remember please post your results when you return, thanks.

I also hope they are honoring the pre-picked cabana as I will be there on Nov 1 and have #9 according to the email. If you remember please post your results when you return, thanks.

I know someone one our roll call last week on the Liberty also had prepicked No. 9 and did not receive it when they got to the ship.