If you are in Sydney pre or post cruise 17-30 March 2016 here is something to do!

Duck Duck Cruise

http://www.eastershow.com.au/explore/

17 March to 30 March 2016 in Sydney.

I was looking for something to do after our cruise while we visit Sydney for a couple of days. If you are from the US, it appears to be like a state fair with over 100 rides, food, exhibits, animals, concerts, flower shows, shopping and many more things to do. Below is information from their website.

"The Sydney Royal Easter Show is Australia’s largest annual event, attracting close to 900,000 people each year. It is a celebration of Australian culture, from our rural traditions to our modern day lifestyles, providing unique experiences for everyone.

Each year the country and city join together to enjoy agricultural competitions, animal experiences, entertainment, carnival fun, shopping and much more. The Show was first held in 1823 and is run by the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS), a not-for-profit organisation that promotes and rewards agricultural excellence"

Edited by Duck Duck Cruise

Why would it be so high? Nothing on the site indicated it would be that expensive.

Entry isn't too bad, but if you want to spend once inside things are a bit of a rip-off $4 or $5 a bottle of coke, same a meat pie just two examples of food prices, there is a lot to do that's free it only gets really expensive when you've got kids that want rides and show bags.

I haven't looked at Next years ticket prices yet, but probably about $30 per adult, though that will include train fare to and from the Showground.

I can sit for hours in the main arena watching the ring events ... free ... the dog show ... free the wood chop free... all the agricultural and produce exhibits ... free

We used to go every year when we were involved in breeding and showing dogs, wouldn't spend anything but always spent time watching various events.

Originally Posted by jmps

Why would it be so high? Nothing on the site indicated it would be that expensive.

===================================================

we have the EKKA in Qld,which is smaller than the Sydney Royal Easter Show

and this yr people were telling me it cost them around $400 for the day..2 adults 2 kids..

some rides alone were 10 bucks each person..showbags as much as 50 each..

http://www.eastershow.com.au/explore/Show-Traditions.aspx

Edited by jannandjohn

Originally Posted by jmps

===================================================

we have the EKKA in Qld,which is smaller than the Sydney Royal Easter Show

and this yr people were telling me it cost them around $400 for the day..2 adults 2 kids..

some rides alone were 10 bucks each person..showbags as much as 50 each..

http://www.eastershow.com.au/explore/Show-Traditions.aspx

I read through the website and they mention "Show Bags" I don't really understand what they are and what is inside or how to go about getting one. Could you please explain it?

Thanks

I read through the website and they mention "Show Bags" I don't really understand what they are and what is inside or how to go about getting one. Could you please explain it?

Thanks

My American friends call them sample bags.

They are a bag with samples of a companies products or they may be a bag with toys in t, once they were free and then good value, now I'm not sure much value at all especially since many will have a lot of items you may never use

http://www.eastershow.com.au/showbags/

Will show a listing of bags and prices.

Hope this helps a little.

Thanks

they are usually for kids..bags full of junky toys, lollies chocs etc..

cost a fortune for whats inside..

this youtube shows the bag history.

this shows the SHOW

Edited by jannandjohn