Incredible: Zenith October 21, 2006

PaulfromPA

Hi everyone:

I had to think long and hard about whether I wanted to put up this post. On the one hand, I don't want to be "commercial." On the other hand, I want to share information that others may find useful, especially as fellow solo cruisers. So after deciding that the second hand was more important than the first, and after making the disclaimer that I am neither a travel agent nor a stockholder or employee of Celebrity, I just have to report that...

Celebrity has an incredible deal going on its October 21st sailing of the Zenith. Right now a solo cruiser can get this 13-night southern caribbean cruise starting at 554 bucks for an inside. First, the cruise has been drastically discounted. Second, the single supplement is negligible. Doing the math, a solo cruiser is paying less than $43/day (before tax) which is unheard of.

Honestly, if I wasn't already booked on the Dawn in early December, I would be very tempted to rearrange my schedule and go!

I hope this is useful information...

- Paul

Hi Paul,:) where are you finding that price?

I can't go either but when I look at the "Happy Hour Site"

the single supp says 200% (which is the normal for X).

There are great prices listed......but I can't see where it is

500+ for a solo. 500.00 dbl...which would be a grand for a solo.

(Still very good in my opinion for a longer cruise).

Just wondered where you are finding 554.00 for a solo...:confused:

Hi Michelle, Hi Lois:

I guess the CC "rules" prevent me from recommending a specific travel agent or booking site, so I reckon I cannot say EXACTLY where I found that price.

BUUUUT, I will say this: I use the cruise website set up by my airline, and my airline is a major carrier. (Besides the ability to look at and compare lots of cruises, I get airline miles for the booking.) Anyway, I checked again just now. The pre-tax price for a solo booking for an inside cabin on the 13-night Oct 21st sailing of the Zenith is still $554.

One thing I have noticed is that my airline does flag certain cruises as "feature cruises." It seems they must work out special deals with certain cruise lines for specific sailings because I do see that the same cruise is selling for a much higher price through another booking engine.

I hope this helps...

Paul

Hi Paul,:) I am sailing in December so I can't go this month

anyway.

I do understand you are saying your airline has an "in" with X.

That is VERY UNUSUAL.:eek: ....due to the fact Celebrity does not

allow any TA's to discount the prices anymore.

And 554.00 fo a solo would in actually be 277.00 per person

dbl....(if you were to 1/2 it of course)....for a 13 night cruise?

Something is definitely funky.....oh well, if it is legit, it is too

good to pass up....but I will have to pass it too;)

Thanks for the information.

I can't find it either. I looked just because it was a good deal and really I am already cruising then. Now I did see something close to that rate not including port fees and taxes which would be about another $300 and that was for double, not single. Like Lois said, Celebrity and RCCL do not discount like this to special agents like that anymore. You agent might be able to throw in some thing like insurance, Wine or whatever but the pricing should be consistent. If that rate is there and I didn't have a cruise booked I would go for it.

Hi Paul,

Actually you CAN post websites and TA info if someone specifically asks for the information.

So I am "specifically" asking you where on earth did you find such a great deal??? If I had known about this earlier, I DEFINITELY would have booked it.

So please tell us where you found this GREAT rate. Do you know of a AWESOME website? or do you have the BEST TA in the world??!!

I LOVE Celebrity, and would LOVE to cruise with them more often if their solo rates weren't so high.

Come on Paul, give it up.

Annie

Hi Annie,:) I wish your statement were true but even if someone

specifically asks, I believe it is against CC Policy to name

any TA at all.

I might be wrong about that...but you might want to email

one of the Moderators with this question.

Even with this cruise being a repositioning....less than

600 bucks for 11 nights for a solo......I have never heard

of it before, not on Celebrity.

Hi Annie:

In the interest of erring on the cautious side, I will agree with Lois. Still, at this time, it is a moot point. The deal I saw last week has disappeared, and the lowest price I am now seeing for a single inside on the Oct. 21st sailing of the Zenith is back up to $1479 before taxes.

Have a great day,

Paul

Archived