My first ever cruise, On Oceana

apollo-13

Can anyone help me out here please, I am so worried about wearing the wrong clothes. I have read somewhere that the Oceana is a very casual ship, no ball gowns for black tie nights. What should i wear? How casual are casual nights? Does anyone have any photographs of what they wore on the black tie nights.

Thanks to anyone who has the time to reply:eek:

Can anyone help me out here please, I am so worried about wearing the wrong clothes. I have read somewhere that the Oceana is a very casual ship, no ball gowns for black tie nights. What should i wear? How casual are casual nights? Does anyone have any photographs of what they wore on the black tie nights.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I would also ask your question in the forum devoted to Oceania, where there will be more folks to see your quesiton with direct Oceania experience :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Edited by clarea

Welcome to Cruise Critic, apollo-13! See this CC article and scroll down to Oceania Cruises for dress code discussion:http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=545. And check out the Oceania Cruises forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51. You can also do a Search for other questions you may have. Enjoy your first cruise! :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I would also ask your question in the forum devoted to Oceania, where there will be more folks to see your quesiton with direct Oceania experience :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

I'm betting the OP is inquiring about the ship, Oceana and not the cruise line, Oceania.

I'm betting the OP is inquiring about the ship, Oceana and not the cruise line, Oceania.

Thank you for mentioning this P&O ship, I apologize that I wasn't familiar with it when I posted info on Oceania. :o

The important thing to know on any P&O ship is that you cannot be overdressed! Even if you're flying out to Italy to join her, you'll find that many men will take their DJs, and women will wear the most gorgeous gowns.

Women will wear long dresses, or cocktail ones; evening trousers and glittery tops. No way is she a casual ship on the formal evenings...you're not mixing her up with the Oceania line, are you?

Casual evenings- wear what you'd wear for an evening out with friends to a local pub or restaurant. Again, some people will wear the full rig, but nobody minds or comments. We often wear evening dress for a speciality restaurant, on a casual evening, and haven't had remarks.

Also, if you really don't feel like dressing up on one formal evening, you can eat in the buffet.

Thank you to everyone for your replies, it is P &O Oceana that i'm going on, can't wait to dress for the formal nights now. Hubby trying his best to tie his dickie bow, think i might get him a ready tied one tomorrow. lol

Thanks all again x

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk