A few questions about Liberty of the Seas

What shows are playing and what time are the shows?

Other than the character breakfast what other character experiences are there?

I had read about a mixology class. How does one go about signing up for it?

Has anyone done the Galley brunch? If so is it recommended? (We are more interested in the food vs the tour) :D

Thanks! We are heading out 5/28 and just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

What shows are playing and what time are the shows?

Other than the character breakfast what other character experiences are there?

I had read about a mixology class. How does one go about signing up for it?

Has anyone done the Galley brunch? If so is it recommended? (We are more interested in the food vs the tour) :D

Thanks! We are heading out 5/28 and just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Saturday Night Fever is the play/musical. Early showings (for those that eat late) always have plenty of seats. You do not need reservations for the evening shows or the ice performances. The ice performance on this ship is incredible and not to be missed.

Some classes are available online.

The characters do a parade, are sometimes part of the musical entertainment and Promenade parties and frequent the Promedade during the afternoons and evening for photos shoots.

We did the Galley tour and brunch last December. I recall enjoying the lunch although I can't really remember what was served...just that I enjoyed it. I was a little disappointed in the galley tour. We only visited a small kitchen area off the main level dining room It appeared to be more of a prep/staging area. But if food is your primary interest, it was a very nice lunch.

We did the Galley Tour on Anthem, last Sept. It was sold to us as something from each of the specialty restaurants and some extras. We were given champagne or mimosas when we arrived, they seated us in groups of 10. We then toured the galley of all 4 main dining rooms restaurants. (They were not able to take us all over the ship to tour the specialty restaurants) It was interesting but we didn't need to see the same thing 4 times. We sit down for the "meal" and it was food from the main dining rooms (it was still dynamic dining at that time). Someone in our group asked about samples from Wonderland, Jamie's & Izumi's and we were told that wasn't included...

Bottom-line we wouldn't do it again...especially not for the food

What shows are playing and what time are the shows? 6:30 and 8:00 Saturday Night Fever and a comedian plus In The Air and the Ice show (2:00 4:00 and last sea day at 6:00 I think.

Other than the character breakfast what other character experiences are there? Parade and they walk around for photo ops a lot

I had read about a mixology class. How does one go about signing up for it? R Bar has a Martini class on Monday afternoon that was so awesome, we signed up for another on Friday. Just go in there and Melvin will sign you up. $25 AND YOU GET ENOUGH MARTINIS TO RENDER YOU ALMOST UNCONSCIOUS!

Nope too busy doing the many other things on board. Chops has really improved, the filet was to die for!

• 2 weeks later...

We did the character breakfast last year, and my 6 year old enjoyed it. They had 3 characters come around for photo op, and the kids get to get up and dance with them, two songs. We attended a couple of the character parades. They will be listed each day so that you don't miss them. They were fun!

Definitely do the mixology class! You will be completely amazed by Melvin DeMello who should be the mixologist who conducts the class. I believe you will sign up in the R Bar but the Compass should list that information on the day it will be held.

When I was on Liberty last September I went to the first showing of Saturday Night Fever and the theater was packed, I think I went there 30 minutes before showtime.

Also the aerial performance, towards the beginning of the cruise, was great! I'm hoping they are still on there when I'm on Liberty later this year.

Saturday Night Fever is the play/musical. Early showings (for those that eat late) always have plenty of seats. You do not need reservations for the evening shows or the ice performances. The ice performance on this ship is incredible and not to be missed.

Some classes are available online.

The characters do a parade, are sometimes part of the musical entertainment and Promenade parties and frequent the Promedade during the afternoons and evening for photos shoots.

We sailed on Liberty on 4/30 , agree with Mike and other post Saturday night fever was very good and crowded but still seats available , Ice show is amazing it is on 4 times during week and is very crowded , get there early, also very good classical guitar player and a couple funny comedians we were very happy with most of the entertainment. Chops is good but can get 9 oz filet at Giovanni's for about 10 dollars less

There is a specific door on the promenade where the characters come out on their way to scheduled photo ops. There is a photography station there for formal nights. We were photo bombed by Gloria from Madagascar one night - the best picture of the cruise!

We went with kids aged 6 - 11. Everyone 8 and over thought the character breakfast was "stupid"; the younger kids liked it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wanting to purchase the soda package for my son. I have been watching and have not seen it go on sale. Is there a chance it will be cheaper if I purchase in onboard vs precruise. Thanks for all the helpful information you have posted. We said Liberty in a week and this will be our family's first cruise!!!

We did the character breakfast last year, and my 6 year old enjoyed it. They had 3 characters come around for photo op, and the kids get to get up and dance with them, two songs. We attended a couple of the character parades. They will be listed each day so that you don't miss them. They were fun!

We did not do the breakfast with our daughter (who is also six) because it was so early. I am kind of glad we didn't because our one MDR breakfast experience was not positive and I certainly would not have wanted to pay $10pp for it, even with characters. We did end up going to a parade- I think it was near the end of the cruise. that was a lot of fun and enough for my DD.