3 day Wonder vs Dream

cfand3boyz

I would have called it bbq (which here is served with various sauces). No' date=' I didn't see this on the Fantasy or Dream, but Dream was a long time ago.

For the lady above who is 71 and cruising with a 47 year old Disney freak....I'd stay on the ship and enjoy all things Disney. You really only have 2 1/2 days on a 3 night cruise. Make advance reservations for the character meet and greets that offer them (typically Frozen characters)...yes, you are adults, but that's not a reason to not play with the characters. Do Palo brunch--that way you can experience adult dining but not miss one of the main dining rooms. For quiet times, enjoy the adult only areas of the ship--we love to sip a beverage in the area just outside the Cove Cafe. Consider a spa experience. I did the "spa villa for 2" with daughter as a special treat once (you have to be comfortable undressing in front of each other for this!) Do it near sunset if you can for an amazing view. See all the shows.

Consider carefully whether you need to book and HA cabin--they are hard to get later if things progress! And since my daughter has been diagnosed with a progressive, debilitating disease, we only book balcony cabins....there are days when getting out of bed can be about all she can manage, and the ocean breezes are nice.

If there is any way you can arrange it, consider a 4 night cruise--it makes a huge difference![/quote']

Thanks for all the tips. :)

I did book a balcony, all the concierge were booked.

We didn't plan anything in Ensenada. Both of us have been there before, and she isn't walking well now.

She is very excited, which makes me happy and excited too. :)

Patti

If there is an HA balcony available, get it. She may well need the bars by the toilet, the walk in shower with shower seat, and the ability to fit a wheelchair thru the doorway. It may well be the difference between her being able to cruise or not! There are also emergency call buttons by the bed and in the bathroom "just in case." You won't have the split bath in an HA cabin, but that's no big deal when traveling with someone who need the handicap facilities.

Thank you! I do feel free to explain.

There is a station (center of the ship, rear funnel) a level below the line area for the big slide. It faces the splash zone, and I suspect it's a post-renovation addition. One side of the area serves shawarmas and the other is more of a burger/dog stand. The shawarmas are on the port side, and the dogs on starboard. I don't know if it has a name. If so, it's subtle (not like Flo's etc.). We had them on the Magic and loved them. When later on the Dream, we looked, but couldn't find them. We found them again on the renovated Wonder. A couple years ago, we didn't see them on the Wonder (but we didn't know to look). They are delicious. The hardest part is figuring out which of the very many sauces work well together. The CMs are happy to help.

They had shawarma on the Magic? How the heck did I miss that in September!

• 4 weeks later...

Just booked 5 cabins on the Dream for my retirement party. Wanted all of the family with me to celebrate. I liked the Dream better than the Wonder so that is the one I booked for all of us. Excited to have the kids and grandkids with me to celebrate. Doing the Aqua duck with my 6 year old granddaughter!

• 4 months later...
Thanks for all the tips. :)

I did book a balcony, all the concierge were booked.

We didn't plan anything in Ensenada. Both of us have been there before, and she isn't walking well now.

She is very excited, which makes me happy and excited too. :)

Patti

I hope you both have a wonderful trip. Make great memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi! They have the Wonder for $2,400 and the Dream for $3,100 during the time that we can go. Is the Dream worth the extra money for a 3 day cruise? If so, what are some of the perks on the Dream besides size? We would love a 4 day cruise ($3,400) but that is really pushing it with our budget since we plan to do Universal park for a couple of days after the cruise. Technically, we could afford it but we just returned from an extended trip and we have several trips planned before this one so we would like to keep the cost down. However, if there is a huge difference between the Dream/Wonder we might consider switching ships. This will be our second cruise but first time on Disney. Deposit is due tonight for the Wonder so I need to make a decision. Thanks....

How did you like wonder. We did Wonder in 2007 before refurbishments, then Dream twice and now the Wonder is available at a decent price for my family of 5. So, I am wondering if I want to take the plunge given that my kids did Dream twice (as recently as 2015). Not sure if they will be disappointed. How did you like it? I am really interested in the kids rooms. I will have a 15, 12 and 9 year old.