Is there St. Maarten Bracelet?

JaKetravels

Hello, I was wondering if there is a St. Maarten bracelet sold in jewelery stores on island? I know there is a caribbean hook bracelet but I was hoping there would be one designed solely for St. Maarten. I am from Cape Cod Ma and we have a bracelet called the Cape Cod Ball or Dennis Screwball Bracelet (named for the town it originated from) so I love collected specialty bracelets. They are usually a bangle made of mostly sterling with some gold as an accent. The Dennis one is a silver bangle with a solid gold ball that screws the bracelet together. One I just got in Grand Cayman was a silver cuff-like bracelet with a gold & pink conch shell featured on the top. It is so pretty and I have already gotten lots of compliments. Any port you can think of that has something unique like the ones I mentioned please let me know! Thanks so much

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to know the answer to that too. I'm not interested in buying things I can get just anywhere- I want items unique to the islands, especially jewelry (not even fine jewelry) :D

Hello, I was wondering if there is a St. Maarten bracelet sold in jewelery stores on island? I know there is a caribbean hook bracelet but I was hoping there would be one designed solely for St. Maarten.

First off, the 'Caribbean Hook' was most probably ripped off from Sonya's design for a St. Croix hook. Soon similar designs popped up all over the Caribbean.

I don't think that there is any SPECIFIC bracelet design for St. Maarten. They should probably come up with one, but as of now the most island specific item is probably Guavaberry from the Dutch side or Ma Dou Dou flavored rum from the French side. Here's a Google Translation of the above French page.

Archived