Most Quantum room service NOT complimentary

We just completed the Quantum transatlantic. One thing we immediately noticed was the room service menu. The breakfast menu had PRICES on it. (the door tag that you hang). The only complimentary items were the "continental" items and pastries. If you want eggs, it'll cost you. Also, during lunch/dinner, the only comp items were basically "wraps." Burgers and other items that used to be comp are now available for about $5. Those prices are in effect all day, not just after midnight!

Peter

That is very disappointing.

I agree. I hope the passengers express their displeasure about this on the survey. Really don't want to see this become the norm for all the ships. They will push things as far as they can get away with!

i agree. I hope the passengers express their displeasure about this on the survey. Really don't want to see this become the norm for all the ships. They will push things as far as they can get away with!

agree !!

We just completed the Quantum transatlantic. One thing we immediately noticed was the room service menu. The breakfast menu had PRICES on it. (the door tag that you hang). The only complimentary items were the "continental" items and pastries. If you want eggs, it'll cost you. Also, during lunch/dinner, the only comp items were basically "wraps." Burgers and other items that used to be comp are now available for about $5. Those prices are in effect all day, not just after midnight!

Peter

Sorry to hear that. Wonder how long it takes this policy to spread to other ships.

SSHHH!!! Don't give them any ideas;)

I think they already have had that idea. I remember a couple of cruises on Monarch where all they had on the morning room service menu was cold items. No eggs at all. I wondered if they were trying something out.

So your stateroom is one less free dining venue. Do any other lines charge for room service? I assume no. It feels like Royal is daring me step out and try some of their competitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this statement. RCI is pushing the envelope to increase revenues any which way they can. It's taking feeling nickle 'n dimed to a new level:( People will decide with their vacation dollars how far they are willing to go to accept the changes.

Edited by KeywestK

Breakfast is not as important as it was once thought. I have attached a link to a medical survey below. If I am paying for sunny side up eggs, they better not show up over hard or it is to back to the kitchen.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2014/08/23/why-breakfast-may-not-be-the-most-important-meal-of-the-day/

Peter

Translation: I was lucky enough to be on the maiden transatlantic voyage of one of the most anticipated ships in years. It's innovative, it's beautiful, and I was there! Now that I'm home, all I can think to do is run to the computer and complain about not getting free eggs in my room!

Peter

I am not happy with this change. I hope they don't implement this on all of their ships. We eat breakfast in our cabin almost every day on a seven day cruise. We enjoy sitting on the balcony and getting ready for the day at our own pace.

So your stateroom is one less free dining venue. Do any other lines charge for room service? I assume no. It feels like Royal is daring me step out and try some of their competitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norwegian charges for room service from midnight-5:00 am.

Peter

Do you know if they also charge suite guests for room service? I know on celebrity, if you order a "fancy item" they do charge additional, but not for the typical breakfast.

Thanks

Translation: I was lucky enough to be on the maiden transatlantic voyage of one of the most anticipated ships in years. It's innovative, it's beautiful, and I was there! Now that I'm home, all I can think to do is run to the computer and complain about not getting free eggs in my room!

Wrong translation, but thanks for trying! Just assumed loyal cruisers would be interested in the changes.

IMHO, this is a ridiculous change to the cruise industry and hopefully, will be changed once RCCL sees that it is VERY unpopular with their customers.

That is my hope, however, if people don't voice their opinion, then it will become the norm and will spread throughout the industry.

IMHO, this is a ridiculous change to the cruise industry and hopefully, will be changed once RCCL sees that it is VERY unpopular with their customers.

That is my hope, however, if people don't voice their opinion, then it will become the norm and will spread throughout the industry.

I agree. It's not the amount itself that I find objectionable, it's the principle of the matter. RCI is moving way beyond nickel and diming with some of these fees...it's more like $5 and $10ing!:eek: Constantly feeling like RCI has a hand out is getting old.

Edited by Cindy

Peter

If this goes fleet wide, this could be a deal breaker for us.