Internet Service on Queen Mary2

Jeffrey1950

Can someone please let me know about available Internet Service on board, such as pricing for a 12 day cruise and does one have to go to a special area to use a computer or can a personal laptop be used in the cabin?

Thank you !!

They had an upgrade when the ship was updated yet the same old story applies. Sometimes it is so slow that you cannot even tell that you have logged yourself out. The price is about 50 bucks for 120 minutes.

There are terminals available in the internet centre and the library but most people use their own devices.

If you are a diamond loyalty member then you get 120 minutes free time.

Overall still pretty disappointing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They had an upgrade when the ship was updated yet the same old story applies. Sometimes it is so slow that you cannot even tell that you have logged yourself out. The price is about 50 bucks for 120 minutes.

There are terminals available in the internet centre and the library but most people use their own devices.

If you are a diamond loyalty member then you get 120 minutes free time.

Overall still pretty disappointing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had 480 minutes EACH free as Diamond members recently. Worth checking !

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the last time the best time to use the internet being a bit better then slow would be around 7AM and then after Midnight when the terminals are quiet. More use the more slower you will find them.

Also if you find the weather is unstable and cloudy outside, it does affect the speed of the internet.

Unfortunately when the system is slow you use quite a bit of internet time just signing on and off off your account allowance.

If you need the internet, do buy more than you need just for the on and off process..

You can use your own device and use it in your cabin. Packages of minutes are available for purchase and there is a bonus if you purchase shortly after boarding. Unfortunately WIFI speed/quality is about the same as other ships I have been on, and that is not fast or good, so don't expect to do anything that requires a lot of band width. Just the usual story of WIFI on a ship...although word is out that some lines have upgraded. Not true for Cunard, yet.