Cruisin & Football Game

Hawaii697

Although football season has just started, I want to know if they show the Sunday night football games on the big screen (Lido Deck) or the Sports bar only. Sailing on the Imagination this coming weekend and need make sure I watch Lil Boy beat up on his Big Brother :D! Thanks!

It depends on who's carrying the game.

Here's the list of channels that Carnival ships have available:

Turner Cruise Ship package and ESPN. This package consists of CNN, CNN Espanol, TNT, Cartoon Network, Headline News, Boomerang, and TCM.

Denver network feeds, ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox available if in range.

But, as Firefly said, there is no big screen on any of the Fantasy Class ships and Imagination is a Fantasy Class vessel.

:)

You should be good to go....

Somehow my Wife always lucks out and her Colts play on Sunday Night Football everytime we cruise in September.

We cruised the first time the Giants played the Colts, now we are cruising this weekend when they play again.

I will tell you though that we were able to catch the NBC Sunday night game on 3 out of 4 September cruises we have taken.

But last year, the ship did lose the feed about 30 minutes before the game and did not get it back until the wee hours of the morning. (MY wife was pissed she missed her Colts that night.)

Crossing my fingers for both of us this weekend.

Especially with my Broncos playing the Seahags at 4PM and wasting a perfectly good afternoon of football on board every Carnival ship.

Can't afford to miss a good 8PM game.

Bill

Just got done checking TV Guide.com for this weekends Denver football schedule....(as I will be ensconsed in the Fascination's sports bar on Sunday)

Looks like a very lean weekend for NFL Fans crusing Carnival this weekend...

1PM on CBS we have the Miami Dolphins @ Minnesota Vikings

4PM on CBS is infomercials and a primetime preview, since the 2nd game of the doubleheader is blacked out for the Broncos game on.......

4PM on FOX we have the Seattle Seahags @ Denver Broncos (I'm a Broncos fan and I would rather watch the Patriots and Jets game on CBS nationally)

8PM on NBC is the Giants at the Colts

and Monday Night en espanol graphicos, will be the Saints @ San Fransisco

Oh well, I'll make the best of it anyway...

Bill

Although football season has just started, I want to know if they show the Sunday night football games on the big screen (Lido Deck) or the Sports bar only. Sailing on the Imagination this coming weekend and need make sure I watch Lil Boy beat up on his Big Brother :D! Thanks!

On the Valor last week they had the season opener on the big screen and in the sports bar;)

Soooo, does this mean we'll be able to watch the Titans / Broncos game on the Freedom in 3 weeks? And we'll just have to check whether it's in the sports bar, or it could possibly by on the seaside theater screen? Wow, that would be great!

You will be able to see all 16 Broncos games, guaranteed on Carnival, as they show the Denver CBS and FOX channels.....

If you are lucky enough to have your team play my Broncos that week, fantastic for you!!!!!!!!!!

(I don't even want to think of Chris johnson running against the Broncos Defense this year)

Bill

You will be able to see all 16 Broncos games, guaranteed on Carnival, as they show the Denver CBS and FOX channels.....

If you are lucky enough to have your team play my Broncos that week, fantastic for you!!!!!!!!!!

(I don't even want to think of Chris johnson running against the Broncos Defense this year)

Bill

YIPPEE!!! GO TITANS!!

I will be on the Elation when Titans play Broncos. So I'm good, right? Just wish it was a late game so I could maximize pool time. Oh well.

YIPPEE!!! GO TITANS!!

I will be on the Elation when Titans play Broncos. So I'm good, right? Just wish it was a late game so I could maximize pool time. Oh well.

Yeah the only Bronco game that would not be shown, is if they have a Thursday night NFL Network game.

So you are good.

Enjoy.

Bill

I'll be on the Spirit when the niners have a Monday night game (11/29). I'm guessing that will be the first formal/elegant night and have already informed my group that they can find me in the sports bar or on the Lido deck (assuming it's playing up there). Hey, a jersey is formal, right? What if I wear it over a dress? :)

YAAAYYY! We are planning to board Freedom, go to Lido and get our lunch plates, then take them to the sports bar and watch our Titans, and Chris Johnson, have fun with the Broncos. Yes, Bill, CJ had a great day last Sunday. Hoping he breaks more records this year. Of course, I would REALLY like it if the game is on the big outdoor screen. Then I can jump up and see FLL as we leave and the game too.

YAAAYYY! We are planning to board Freedom, go to Lido and get our lunch plates, then take them to the sports bar and watch our Titans, and Chris Johnson, have fun with the Broncos. Yes, Bill, CJ had a great day last Sunday. Hoping he breaks more records this year. Of course, I would REALLY like it if the game is on the big outdoor screen. Then I can jump up and see FLL as we leave and the game too.

You are boarding on Sunday?

That is bad...

The one time we boarded on a Sunday, they shut off all TVs at around 3-3:30 to get ready for the muster drill, then don't turn them back on until 20-30 minutes after the crew gets back from their muster stations.

So we all missed the end of the 1PM games and the first quarter of the 4PM games...

Looks like yours is a 1PM game, so hopefully for your sake, your Titans are crushing my Broncos, so you don't mind missing the 4th quarter.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Bill,

I guess our group will just have to be happy seeing part of the game. Sounds like we may miss the last quarter. CJ had some good runs last Sunday against the Giants, but they and the Steelers seemed to have him as their main target. And as I told my BIL in Denver, the Broncos have a lot of games still......the season is young yet!

Archived