Khassab what to do all day long

Wotan758

Splendor ots is docking in kassab until 6pm.

What to do? We don't like boat or beach excursions.

We did not find any city tour or similar tours.

Any suggestions?

We faced the same problem, Splendour in March. In the end we have booked one of the ship's half day tours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm on a Celebrity Cruise that will stop in Khasab. This particular port doesn't look very interesting in my opinion so will probably opt to do the Khasab and surroundings excursion. The Omani Fjords really don't look very interesting or impressive.

I'm on a Celebrity Cruise that will stop in Khasab. This particular port doesn't look very interesting in my opinion so will probably opt to do the Khasab and surroundings excursion. The Omani Fjords really don't look very interesting or impressive.

I have visited Khasab on two occasions - once travelling solo and once with family who are based in Dubai. I so enjoyed the Dolphin Dhow Cruise With Dolphin Khasab tours the first time around that I did it again with the family and we had a fantastic time. On both occasions we saw lots of dolphins and the experience of snorkelling in Trafalgar Bay amongst the coral reefs and seeing some really lovely fish was awesome. Doing this trip as a private tour worked out far cheaper than the ship's excursion and we had a great crew on board who kept us entertained the whole time. I am sure you will not be disappointed if you take this trip as there is not a lot else to see at this port of call.

Good luck with your plans.

Suzanne

I have visited Khasab on two occasions - once travelling solo and once with family who are based in Dubai. I so enjoyed the Dolphin Dhow Cruise With Dolphin Khasab tours the first time around that I did it again with the family and we had a fantastic time. On both occasions we saw lots of dolphins and the experience of snorkelling in Trafalgar Bay amongst the coral reefs and seeing some really lovely fish was awesome. Doing this trip as a private tour worked out far cheaper than the ship's excursion and we had a great crew on board who kept us entertained the whole time. I am sure you will not be disappointed if you take this trip as there is not a lot else to see at this port of call.

Good luck with your plans.

Suzanne

Thank You Suzanne for your recommendation. It does look very interesting. I think you may have twisted my arm. :D

Thank You Suzanne for your recommendation. It does look very interesting. I think you may have twisted my arm. :D

I am sure you will enjoy it. Does your cruise call at all the ports in the UAE and Oman? When are you sailing? I have written reviews of my cruises from Dubai which can be found at:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=217006

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=253499

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=2703028

The first was on RCI Serenade of the Seas (I forgot this one - silly me!) and the others were on MSC Lirica and Orchestra.

If you cannot access the reviews by putting in .co.uk try substituting .com instead.

Hope these will give you some tips for what to see and do.

For Dubai I think you really need time pre/post cruise to see all there is there. If you plan to visit the Burj Khalifa then make sure you book tickets in advance as you may not get in on the day if all allocations are taken and it is cheaper to pre-book.

If you are calling at Abu Dhabi then be sure to visit the mosque and the Emirates Palace Hotel - they are superb. Both are quite easy to do on your own but be sure to agree a price with the taxi drivers first!!

Good Luck with your plans and I hope you have a great time. If you would like any other information on Dubai itself then please ask.

Suzanne

I am sure you will enjoy it. Does your cruise call at all the ports in the UAE and Oman? When are you sailing? I have written reviews of my cruises from Dubai which can be found at:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=217006

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=253499

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=2703028

The first was on RCI Serenade of the Seas (I forgot this one - silly me!) and the others were on MSC Lirica and Orchestra.

If you cannot access the reviews by putting in .co.uk try substituting .com instead.

Hope these will give you some tips for what to see and do.

For Dubai I think you really need time pre/post cruise to see all there is there. If you plan to visit the Burj Khalifa then make sure you book tickets in advance as you may not get in on the day if all allocations are taken and it is cheaper to pre-book.

If you are calling at Abu Dhabi then be sure to visit the mosque and the Emirates Palace Hotel - they are superb. Both are quite easy to do on your own but be sure to agree a price with the taxi drivers first!!

Good Luck with your plans and I hope you have a great time. If you would like any other information on Dubai itself then please ask.

Suzanne

Thank You. I will be sure to go through your threads.

I'll be on Celebrity Constellation on 3/11/18 out of Abu Dhabi. We have an overnight in Dubai and then 3 different stops in India plus Khasab

Thank You. I will be sure to go through your threads.

I'll be on Celebrity Constellation on 3/11/18 out of Abu Dhabi. We have an overnight in Dubai and then 3 different stops in India plus Khasab

You are certainly planning ahead! Will you fly into Abu Dhabi ahead of the cruise? - this is another port where you should not miss the chance to see the wonderful sights there.

Have a great time and good luck with all your forwarding planning.

Suzanne

You are certainly planning ahead! Will you fly into Abu Dhabi ahead of the cruise? - this is another port where you should not miss the chance to see the wonderful sights there.

Have a great time and good luck with all your forwarding planning.

Suzanne

Yes, I will probably spend 2 or 3 days in Abu Dhabi pre-cruise. :D

• 2 weeks later...

For those still looking for something to do.......

http://khourshemtours.com/

I know OP didn't want to do a dhow cruise but they also offer a city tour of Khasab. I have done the 1/2 dhow cruise and enjoyed it. The scenery is quite beautiful and we saw a lot of dolphins! The dhow cruise had about 8 people on board and sipping tea on the cushions was quite relaxing on the way out.:p The company was easy to make arrangements with. I was on a land vacation when I visited this area but if you are there a full day it would probably work.

Edited by lilybob
change wording

For those still looking for something to do.......

http://khourshemtours.com/

I know OP didn't want to do a dhow cruise but they also offer a city tour of Khasab. I have done the 1/2 dhow cruise and enjoyed it. The scenery is quite beautiful and we saw a lot of dolphins! The dhow cruise had about 8 people on board and sipping tea on the cushions was quite relaxing on the way out.:p The company was easy to make arrangements with. I was on a land vacation when I visited this area but if you are there a full day it would probably work.

thanks again for the recommendation. Do you know if they're flexible with the time. I'll be docked in Khasab from 7am to 4pm and it says their cruise ship tours are from 10am to 4pm :eek: