Dubai to Venice - Best time to go?

Maksim

We are planning on going RCL April 3-19 from Dubai to Venice. Love the itinerary. Is it a good time of the year to go to that region? Any comments for this cruise are welcome.

We are planning on going RCL April 3-19 from Dubai to Venice. Love the itinerary. Is it a good time of the year to go to that region? Any comments for this cruise are welcome.

Other posters have informed me that the Arabian area is not too humid in April, so it is a pretty good time to travel. Going to test that out...

Hello, everyone. Hubby and I are planning to do this same itinerary and are debating between the April 3 sailing and the one that sails on May 18th.

I know it will be warmer in Dubai and Oman during May than April. If the weather was your prime consideration, would you choose April for the slightly cooler temps? Decisions, decisions.

Hello, everyone. Hubby and I are planning to do this same itinerary and are debating between the April 3 sailing and the one that sails on May 18th.

I know it will be warmer in Dubai and Oman during May than April. If the weather was your prime consideration, would you choose April for the slightly cooler temps? Decisions, decisions.

We are doing the same thinking. The price for May is way cheaper, but I heard the Vision is a nicer ship than Legend. Please let me know what you guys decide and what other pro's and con's you find out. Thanks.

Helen.

• 3 weeks later...
We are doing the same thinking. The price for May is way cheaper, but I heard the Vision is a nicer ship than Legend. Please let me know what you guys decide and what other pro's and con's you find out. Thanks.

Helen.

Helen:

We decided to book May 18 on Legend because my MIL is joining us and she cannot travel in April. (Tax accountant ... ) I know it will be warmer in May but we can live with that.

kathy

Helen:

We decided to book May 18 on Legend because my MIL is joining us and she cannot travel in April. (Tax accountant ... ) I know it will be warmer in May but we can live with that.

kathy

Hi Kathy, we are on the same cruise with you. I saw your posting on the roll call, which is kind of dead now. Perhaps we can get together for the private tours in those places. I am planning on getting to Dubai a few days before and staying in Venice a few days after. We were in Venice last year on Med. cruise, but that one day when we were there it was raining hard (in August; go figure!). I am very anxious to explore it next year, hoping for no rain this time. I am also hoping someone arranges meet and greet for our CC group. More to come. Helen.

Hi Kathy, we are on the same cruise with you. I saw your posting on the roll call, which is kind of dead now. Perhaps we can get together for the private tours in those places. I am planning on getting to Dubai a few days before and staying in Venice a few days after. We were in Venice last year on Med. cruise, but that one day when we were there it was raining hard (in August; go figure!). I am very anxious to explore it next year, hoping for no rain this time. I am also hoping someone arranges meet and greet for our CC group. More to come. Helen.

Helen:

Would love to work with you and others to plan tours. I have a river cruise coming up in a month (our first) and won't be working on Suez Canal trip until after that. We have never been to Dubai. Will spend at least a day or two there pre-cruise. (Probably won't be more than that, as my husband the workaholic has two jobs. I am shocked I got him to agree to a cruise of this length, without adding too many days on the front end!) We spent a few days in Venice several years ago so most of our group will likely fly home the morning we disembark. I will suggest that my step-daughter and her guy spend a day or two in Venice if they can as they have never been. Hubby is so excited about going to Israel. I think the entire itinerary is super!

Will chat with you on the roll call thread over the coming months!

kathy

Kathy,

Sounds good to me. Enjoy your river cruise and we can connect after that. I will start looking for air, hoping to use points and hotels in both pre and post cruise. I will keep you posted what I find. You guys are lucky, there is a direct flight from Venice to Philadelphia. We changed planes there last year on the way to LA and it was horrible connection. I also have your email address that you posted on a roll call. We can communicate that way too. I will send you mine.

• 2 months later...
Helen:

kathy

I am sure you will find the weather good in May. I am lucky to have son and his family based in Dubai and I just love going out there to visit.

If you plan to visit the Burj Khalifa in Dubai then do book your slot in advance on line (cheaper and ensures you get the day and time of your choice - turning up on the day might mean you are unable to get entry).

Taxis are very reasonable in Dubai and the metro system excellent. There is a HOHO bus but with the traffic congestion this can take ages to get around.

A visit to Atlantis Palm Hotel is worthwhile - chance to swim with the dolphins or just enjoy a day pass to the resort.

A Dhow cruise is a good way to see the sights (dinner cruises reasonable).

The shopping malls are awesome - Ski Resort and the Aquarium should not be missed. A visit to the Gold Souk (can recommend Safari Gems for jewellery. My purchases there were valued at double what I paid when I had them valued back home!) and the Spice Souk is great.

I am sure you will enjoy your visit to Dubai and good luck with your plans

Suzanne (Bristol, UK)

P.S. I love Venice and sailing in/out of there on a cruise ship is just magical

Thank you so much for the information. Our cruise in May on Legend was cancelled and we rebooked the same itinerary on Vision for April 3rd. I wonder if the weather will be nice in Venice around April 19 to 22. Any additional information is appreciated.