3 days in Fort Lauderdale before Cruise in March!

Camlaura

Where is the best place to stay? We would like to be near beach...or at least water of some sort.

I know everyone has 1 night favorites...but 3 nights is a little long for some of the precruise hotels...does anyone have favorites and why?

The pricing isn't too bad right now for our dates. But I guess I want to try to avoid the "bad" ones if there are any. We are generally a 3 1/2 star or higher kind of couple.

Looking for some ideas!

Thanks!

Where is the best place to stay? We would like to be near beach...or at least water of some sort.

I know everyone has 1 night favorites...but 3 nights is a little long for some of the precruise hotels...does anyone have favorites and why?

The pricing isn't too bad right now for our dates. But I guess I want to try to avoid the "bad" ones if there are any. We are generally a 3 1/2 star or higher kind of couple.

Looking for some ideas!

Thanks!

We stayed at Hyatt place 17 street notnearwater per sebut near restaurantsnear water a few blocks away try priceline or hotwire

Breakfast isverynice ...rooms are very large and comfy

Close to. Port many restaurants around

We love the Atlantic Resort and Spa in Ft. Lauderdale. It is right across from the street from the beach, but offers beautiful views of the beach and ocean. The food is delicious at their restaurant, and shopping and things to do are close by.

We love the Atlantic Resort and Spa in Ft. Lauderdale. It is right across from the street from the beach, but offers beautiful views of the beach and ocean. The food is delicious at their restaurant, and shopping and things to do are close by.

I googled that hotel and it looks beautiful but I'm having trouble figuring out where it is located.

How far from Port Everglades/Airport?

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned more here as it looks like a great property.

TIA.....

We normally do 2 days precruise and love the Embassy Suites on 17th street. Wonderful breakfast, manager's reception at night - great pool area and so CLOSE to so many wonderful places - Total Wine, Publix, Harbour Shops, great restaurants and of course the water taxi. It's a very relaxing place to stay - at least for us:D

We normally do 2 days precruise and love the Embassy Suites on 17th street. Wonderful breakfast, manager's reception at night - great pool area and so CLOSE to so many wonderful places - Total Wine, Publix, Harbour Shops, great restaurants and of course the water taxi. It's a very relaxing place to stay - at least for us:D

Does Embassy Suites have full doorman/bellman services?

I've heard a lot about the embassy suites...and it is a Hotwire listed property. I'm pretty sure the one I'm contemplating is either tabor the Hilton Doubletree Suites.

Very interested in hitting Total Wine! Couldn't do that before our cruise in January because we arrived on a late flight the night before and stayed out at the airport!

My favourite Pinot Grigio in the 1.5L bottle is $8.99! At home it s $25.99!

Does Embassy Suites have full doorman/bellman services?

hmmmm -(thinking cap on) Yes, they have gentleman out there for cabs, etc. I don't know if doorman is the right term but yes. They do help you with luggage if you want.:D I've been fortunate the last couple of cruises that we have been able to manage ourselves but I suspect for my 31 day we are going to need some assistance.:D

They also have a concierge to help with inquiries - restaurant bookings, whatever.

Very nice atrium/courtyard inside Judy - and the pool area is really nice:D

I'm very fussy on my breakfast (love my eggs only if they are done right) and they have a wonderful hot breakfast (included) cooked to order plus all kinds of the other goodies of course.

Thanks. Somehow I'm having a hard time placing it in my mind. Does that make it near Galleria?

by cab yes - but otherwise no. It nearly across the street from the Outback Restaurant - close to the Harbour shops and Total Wine.

Another property by HIlton - Doubletree - Gallery ONE is literally across the street from the Galleria Mall. Nice property (stayed there last year on the way back). But overall embassy suites is a much better value IMO.

hmmmm -(thinking cap on) Yes, they have gentleman out there for cabs, etc. I don't know if doorman is the right term but yes. They do help you with luggage if you want.:D I've been fortunate the last couple of cruises that we have been able to manage ourselves but I suspect for my 31 day we are going to need some assistance.:D

They also have a concierge to help with inquiries - restaurant bookings, whatever.

Very nice atrium/courtyard inside Judy - and the pool area is really nice:D

I'm very fussy on my breakfast (love my eggs only if they are done right) and they have a wonderful hot breakfast (included) cooked to order plus all kinds of the other goodies of course.

We enjoy ordering cocktails and sandwiches and eating at the tables by the pool.

by cab yes - but otherwise no. It nearly across the street from the Outback Restaurant - close to the Harbour shops and Total Wine.

Another property by HIlton - Doubletree - Gallery ONE is literally across the street from the Galleria Mall. Nice property (stayed there last year on the way back). But overall embassy suites is a much better value IMO.

Thank you, Kazu, but you have confused questions about two hotels.

The only question I had about Embassy Suites was doormen/bellhops.

You've mixed up two different hotels.

Sage:

We've gone by Embassy Suites for 25+ years. :)

I have never seen or heard of Atlantic Resort and Spa but it looks like a very nice hotel in which we could be interested.

We have never taken to Embassy Suites for whatever reason but I don't think we'd go there.

I am trying to get bearings for where Atlantic Resort is located in relation to Port Everglades.

Thank you, Kazu, but you have confused questions about two hotels.

The only question I had about Embassy Suites was doormen/bellhops.

You've mixed up two different hotels.

[/b]

sorry Judy - wasn't trying to confuse the two - just to let you know which one is close to the Galleria Mall;)

smooth seas

The Atlantic is a wonderful place. They have recently upgraded the rooms, and they were gorgeous before. They have a bellman and someone at the door, Concierge services, a lovely spa, and a beautiful pool. The ride to the port was not very long at all, and as I said, it is where we would go for a week or two even if we were not on a cruise. They also offer valet parking, and I believe they might even have a special cruise package. It is close to the Gallarie Mall.

The Atlantic is a wonderful place. They have recently upgraded the rooms, and they were gorgeous before. They have a bellman and someone at the door, Concierge services, a lovely spa, and a beautiful pool. The ride to the port was not very long at all, and as I said, it is where we would go for a week or two even if we were not on a cruise. They also offer valet parking, and I believe they might even have a special cruise package. It is close to the Galarie.

This hotel sounds very nice.

I'll look into it more.

Thank you, Sage. :)

As to google maps:

I am not good with maps.

If I could have gotten a sense of location from it, I would have done so. I'm 'map challenged'. :o

Archived