Great Stirrup Cay Updates and Photos

bdaddyiii

I posted some photos of Great Stirrup Cay on another thread I posted under Norweigian Cruise Line. I will post more here it will take a little while.

Day7GreatStirrupCay3.jpg

Island view from ship

Day7GreatStirrupCay5.jpg

Lighthouse view from ship

Day7GreatStirrupCay6.jpg

tender port view from ship.

Day7GreatStirrupCay7.jpg

Hippo slide view from ship

Day7GreatStirrupCay8.jpg

Family beach area next to hippo slide. beach are on the right of photo is adults only.

Day7GreatStirrupCay26.jpg

Only hammock i saw on the island and is at the enterance to the tendor port.

Day7GreatStirrupCay27.jpg

Tender port

Day7GreatStirrupCay28.jpg

entering island area.

Day7GreatStirrupCay29.jpg

first view after passing the bird. As you can see still under construction.

Day7GreatStirrupCay30.jpg

Straw market to the right after entering island past bird.

Day7GreatStirrupCay31.jpg

Straw market with hippo slide in background and family beach area in front of hippo slide.

Day7GreatStirrupCay32.jpg

More Straw market I think there were six of these little buildings.

Day7GreatStirrupCay33.jpg

Hippo slide.

Day7GreatStirrupCay34.jpg

Snorkel shack next to family beach area.

Day7GreatStirrupCay35.jpg

Our clam shell with straw market in the background.

Day7GreatStirrupCay36.jpg

View from our clam shell. Lots of beach front.

Day7GreatStirrupCay37.jpg

View of ship from our clam shell.

Day7GreatStirrupCay38.jpg

Contruction area with beach front and family beach area in background and GSC sign post in middle.

Day7GreatStirrupCay39.jpg

Bathroom area just past contruction area in last photo away from family beach area.

Day7GreatStirrupCay40.jpg

GSC sign post.

Day7GreatStirrupCay41.jpg

Lighthouse is still closed due to construction.

Day7GreatStirrupCay42.jpg

Hospital is near bathroom with the buffet in the background area.

Day7GreatStirrupCay43.jpg

Middle beach area infront of bathroom area. Bar in the background leading to the adults only beach.

Day7GreatStirrupCay44.jpg

Buffett

Day7GreatStirrupCay45.jpg

Eating area next to buffett with volleyball court.

Day7GreatStirrupCay46.jpg

Contruction area that looks like they are building a cabana with the bar leading to the adult only beach in the background. This is next to the middle beach area.

Day7GreatStirrupCay48.jpg

Through the bar to walkway to adult only beach.

Day7GreatStirrupCay49.jpg

Adult only beach

Day7GreatStirrupCay50.jpg

Adult only beach and adult onlyl shaded area.

Day7GreatStirrupCay51.jpg

Adult only beach. (It is not clothing optional)

Day7GreatStirrupCay62.jpg

last thing you see when leaving the tender port.

Day7GreatStirrupCay74.jpg

Sunset on a great day at Great Stirrup Cay.

The lazy river is not done and I could not find where they were building it. Some areas were closed due to the construction so I assume it was in one of those areas. Hopefully they will be done soon. but hay teh Hippo Slide is there and hasn ot been blown away by a storm. Happy Sailing.

If I can answer any questions I will. Oh the drinks made on the island were freepours and really strong.:cool:

Thanks for the pictures. Will be there in a few weeks.

How much are the clam shells? Can you reserve on board or only first come first served?

They were 29.99 and you can purchase them on board at the excursion desk. I jsut walked up and picked one and paid for it there. Remember that there are clam shells next to the Hippo Slide in teh family area and their are some in the adult only beach. Have fun and happy sailing.

I would give anything to be able to view your pictures!!!!!

For some reason they all come out as red X's.....:(

I hate to hear that. I uploaded them from photobucket. i don't know if you can look at my albumn in photobucket, but it is listed under my screen name if it will let you. I never used it before. Hope that helps.

Do they have clamshells in the adults only area?

Yes they do. You do not see them in the photos untill someone rents them and they open the clam shell up. Otherwise they are lying flat on the ground. The clam shells are very nice and since the beach is so large you can actually move them around a little so if you can ont get on the front row just pull yours out for a better view. I saw people doing that and it did not appear to be a problem. Have fun.:cool:

Thanks for the pics, they have changed a lot since I was there. Is the swimming area still full of rocks? When we were there you had to watch out for the rocks in the water or you would hit them with your feet.

There were some rocks in the water but not many. I think I saw five or six rocks while I was in the water. They are really working hard to make it a great island and it is coming along. they would be furhter along if not for the storms. I enjoyed the buffet. The bar-b-que was really good. I could have stayed and ate teh ribs all day long. Have fun. Smooth Sailing :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pictures. Alot has changed since I was there this past March. I saw some pictures that were new to me, so I gather they are the adult only beach. I look forward to seeing it next week.

bdaddyiii- you have answered the questions of so many people on this board by posting your photos! Thanks so much for taking the time! The pictures detail everything we need to know!

We'll be there in Jan. 2012, so now I'm curious how much more progress will be completed.

Is there a walking trail of some kind, other than the beachfront? Or is it just too hot to pursue moving too much?

Looks like you had a windy day!

Sherry

bdaddyiii- you have answered the questions of so many people on this board by posting your photos! Thanks so much for taking the time! The pictures detail everything we need to know!

We'll be there in Jan. 2012, so now I'm curious how much more progress will be completed.

Is there a walking trail of some kind, other than the beachfront? Or is it just too hot to pursue moving too much?

Looks like you had a windy day!

Sherry

Don't forget to come back and post any updates/pictures. I will be going in April and I'm hoping it will be completed with the cabanas and lazy river.

Have a great time.

wow thanks for the pictures! ive been there twice and loved it everytime.. looks completely different from the time i was there...

ill be heading there next month, hopefully more has been done... i will be on the hippo slide, buffet, n volleyball court lol

Archived