Guarantee

cindy1957

Cindy, I don't think you need to worry. Its still more than 4 weeks til you sail. It's not at all uncommon to have a number of unassigned cabins at this point in time, and remember guarantees are eligible for upgrades so there could be good news for you soon. Remember a guarantee always entitles you to at least the space you have booked. You will be fine.

Dear cindy1957,

Patience is a virtue.

Having a Guarantee is great in cost basis. Witing is a normalcy.

We had to wait years ago till the day we boarded. Inasmuchas it is in the Cruise Line(s) best interest to book as many profitable cabins as [possible] well wreak t6he most out of all bookings..eh..

yes those days of not knowing your cabin(s) left a nice mystery ..

I need some encouragement to remain patient. Scheduled on QM2 round trip May 15. Signed up for a BZ guarantee. Still not assigned. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I got exactly what I paid for. No upgrade. BZ. That's the so so news. Good news it's located is a section I would have preferred. Even better I am on the ship, with a balcony in just about a week! What's not to be grateful for!

Cindy, I don't think you need to worry. Its still more than 4 weeks til you sail. It's not at all uncommon to have a number of unassigned cabins at this point in time, and remember guarantees are eligible for upgrades so there could be good news for you soon. Remember a guarantee always entitles you to at least the space you have booked. You will be fine.

I see the OP has been assigned a cabin as booked in the g'tee grade.

With the structure of fare pricing in the U.K., with Cunard, it seems that at present most pax booked on a g'tee get just what they paid for. In the literature that Cunard provides, It says that those on full fares will be given priority for upgrades, and it appears that they are doing this.

If you book a g'tee I think you should be happy with the grade you are reserving, and have low expectations of an upgrade. Anything more, then you can pop the champagne.....or Pol Aker!

If you are booking a guarantee, you should be very happy with that category and an upgrade is icing on the cake. I always book a category that I will be comfortable with as a starter. Lady L1 you are correct. As for the Pol Acker, Go to the Veuve Clicquot bar and get the real stuff.

Like I said... I'm happy. Though I would have loved the extra icing on the cake can't complain. Know the rules. I will say this category wasn't cheap but that's because I'm paying the single supplement and wanted some type of balcony above obstructed. If I don't love it won't do it again.