Bag/Case for Prescriptions

mongo59r

I have unfortunately had to increase the number of prescriptions that I travel with and my previous toiletry bag so no longer up to the task of keeping them organized and accessible. I was wondering what the collective was using. Hoping for something that could be hung up, but that's not a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

We both have prescriptions that we travel with. I use zip loc bags. They come as large as 2 gallon.

I have looked at toiletry bags at Lands End and we have them for our personal items. However they have an extra large bag that may not hang but would hold many prescription bottles.

What size bottles do you have? Don't have to bring the large 3 month bottle for a week cruise (+extra).

Many pharmacies will give you smaller bottles and duplicate prescription labels.

Could also transfer to a weekly pill box and a copy of all your prescriptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LL Bean has a great organizer bag that comes with a hook for hanging. It comes in different sizes.

I keep the pills that I might need quick access to in the side pockets. When at home The bag stays packed for use as a medicine kit. When I travel it is already packed and ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use something like this in the cabin.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/travel/makeup-toiletries/12

That is similar to the LL Bean one I suggested. Very handy for keeping your meds organized while at home, too. I keep Bonine, Polysporin, Bandaids, Tylenol, prespription pill containers, cortisone cream, emery boards, etc, in it at home and just toss in my current weekly pill organizer when I am ready to go. Now I never forget some little thing that is important but only occasionally used. Since everything is always kept there, when I am on the road, I always know exactly where the small items that can get so easily lost in a packed suitcase are. The many pockets keep similar items together.

Check ebags.com as well. They have a lot of options for a hanging toiletry bag. I have a great one I got there a few years ago, that has tons of different compartments, including several with clear plastic to see what's in them. It's very roomy and I can take everything I need in it. I don't see the exact bag I purchased, but they have plenty of similar ones.

I agree - nothing complicated needed - my prescription meds are always in my carry on - I do get (as someone mentioned) smaller bottles from the pharmacist with labels and can 'decant' the # of pills required - all smaller bottles go into a large clear ziplock bag in my carryon....

I do have a smaller zip up bag which I use as my 'medical kit' - with the polysporin, bandaids, eye drops, aloe vera, painkillers etc, which goes in my checked luggage.....

We both have prescriptions that we travel with. I use zip loc bags. They come as large as 2 gallon.

I have looked at toiletry bags at Lands End and we have them for our personal items. However they have an extra large bag that may not hang but would hold many prescription bottles.

This should have been LL Bean not Lands End. So, sorry for the misinformation.

I would never waste valuable space and weight on one of these bags. Large Zip Locks work so well and that's one of the reasons we can travel for weeks and weeks with only carry on luggage. To each his own!!

Yes, to each his own. I certainly don't want to put all my stuff in a regular ziploc bag. I want a bag I can hang on a hook so it isn't taking up counter space. It's also nice having ONE bag with several compartments so can keep things together, yet separated by categories. The bag I have doesn't take up any much more room than a big ziploc and isn't heavy so it's not as impractical as one might make it out to be.

Yes, to each his own. I certainly don't want to put all my stuff in a regular ziploc bag. I want a bag I can hang on a hook so it isn't taking up counter space. It's also nice having ONE bag with several compartments so can keep things together, yet separated by categories. The bag I have doesn't take up any much more room than a big ziploc and isn't heavy so it's not as impractical as one might make it out to be.

I agree. I love to hang mine up. It make thing easy to find. I use it on every cruise.

I like those tiny ziplock bags made to hold one day's worth of pills (of course, all I take is an allergy pill and a couple vitamins) ... you can buy them at any drug store. It's easy to count out what you need at home ... then just bring one bag with you to breakfast, and when you've taken the pills, throw away the bag. You can write on the bags with Sharpies.

As for first-aid and OTC meds, I have a bright red pencil case I've been using for years. It's plenty of space for bandaids (for travel, I buy the ones with Neosporin in the pad) and a few other items. I put all my OTC meds into a SuMTWRFSa container /write on the container in Sharpie marker "Sudafed 2 every 4", etc.

Without carrying bulky bottles, ALL our medicine and first-aid needs fit into that pencil case, which is perhaps the size of one shoe. Not too bulk at all.

This is the 'bag' I use for my meds that I fill with OTC meds and pack in my checked luggage - nice size and several 'compartments' - easy to organize and see what you have inside!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Home-First-Aid-Kit-Emergency-Survival-Medical-Treatment-Case-Handbag-Rescue-Bag-/391596350037?var=660715788976&hash=item5b2cf61a55:g:8AkAAOSw8gVYAjwc

Thought this thread was about prescription meds.There ia a big difference. Prescription meds need to be in a prescription container and not hanging on the door in a damp and steamy bathroom. We keep ours in the safe.

Thought this thread was about prescription meds.There ia a big difference. Prescription meds need to be in a prescription container and not hanging on the door in a damp and steamy bathroom. We keep ours in the safe.

Suit yourself. I've never had an issue with any of my prescription bottles not having a tightly secured top. They've been fine in the bathroom.