Transportation ... To and from Port Canaveral

Cruises are the best

Hi,

I am looking at different company for transportation from an Orlando Airport Hotel to Port Canaveral and back to MCO. Does any one has use a company that they recommend? We do not want to rent a car and we are a party of 8.

I've look at different company and the best prices I could find are the followings :

Cotrans : Sold out

Acces Line Transpo (Van would be cheap, party too big for a limo)

VIP Executive Limo (I am a bit hesitant for this one as there are some negatives reviews recently... However, I see that they are highly recommended on this site. Any recent experience? They are the cheapest for a limousine and I think this could make the ride special versus of a van.)

Thanks for your help!

I use MEARS all the time. Not cheap but very reliable executive sort of service. you can use their website to select type of vehicle, pick up and drop off location and you will get a price before you confirm.

I have also used Travelynx for a large group of 30 people. They were very good also.

Cost of ship shuttle from port to MCO?

I have six of us and have a car service quote at $168 for a ten person van. Seems that's fairly reasonable to have our own pickup service for six as I recall the ship shuttle being around $35 each.

We will pay 440$ roundtrip including 20% tip for the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Cost of ship shuttle from port to MCO?

I have six of us and have a car service quote at $168 for a ten person van. Seems that's fairly reasonable to have our own pickup service for six as I recall the ship shuttle being around $35 each.

What company is the quote from? Thanks.

Any suggestions on the cheapest option for a party of 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Rent a car one-way! Allows you the flexibility to stay, dine and shop where you want the night before your cruise (we prefer to stay in Orlando - others prefer to stay closer to the port); drop the car off in the morning and ride the rental car shuttle to the port. Unless my return flight left at 2:00PM or later I would not bother with a rental car after the cruise.

The shared shuttles (Cortrans, Travelynx, Cocoa Beach shuttle, etc.) will get you there for about $20-25+ per person. Same companies can get you back to MCO after the cruise - look for flights leaving about 11:30 or later to be safe.

Any suggestions on the cheapest option for a party of 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I assume from the airport to the cruise terminal? If so you can share a ride in a large touring-style bus for $15 per person each way. That is the cheapest option.

We used Orlando Chauffeur Services return trip $229+tip for 7 of us. Worked out to be$40 each.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thinking of using this service for our cruise this summer from Orlando airport to Cocoa Beach hotel. What are your thoughts on them? It will be for 6 adults and 2 children with booster seats. Thanks!

We used VIP Executive Limo just this past week. Michael was super nice. Unfortunately, Port Canaveral had fog on the day we were embarking so he was very late getting to us for pickup for transport to the ship, 3.5 hours late! Not really his fault, traffic was horrible, ship was late, etc. He did maintain communication with us and kept us updated but after 3 hours, we were getting a bit antsy.

On the return trip, he was late again and not in communication because his phone died. Traffic was bad again. Second time, we were less forgiving and think maybe he should have expected the traffic, right?

We also booked 6 months in advance and he lost our reservation. Day before I called him to confirm as I hadn't gotten anything and he did fit us in no problem, same for way back.

Not sure I'd want to repeat in the future, so I'd probably go with someone else but I would not discourage anyone else from using him, i think we just had some bad luck.

Just for the record from someone who lives near Port Canaveral.

The fog on February 25 was not a surprise event! The weather forecasts predicted fog that morning.

Also, folks around here at Canaveral knew before 6am that the ships were in a holding pattern - I knew because our neighbor drives for a local off-site parking company and it was a surprise to see him home when we walked our dogs at 7am that morning.

So the transport companies had plenty of warning to prepare for fog and potential chaos and after the ships were stopped, the companies had at least 3 hours to adjust their scheduling.

While at Grills for breakfast around 8am, I talk to two limo drivers with really pretty stretched cars parked near Rusty's while waiting for their ship to sail in,. They were new and asked about Terminal 10 pickups.and I gave them a few tips. It turned out they were subcontracted from Orlando by another limo company who did not have enough limos to handle the rush resulting from the Epic delay. That's good planning!

So if this limo company was 3.5 hours late on that morning, I call that really bad planning! How could he not anticipate this and subcontracted some help?

And to be late again on the return? The traffic patterns on ship days are not rocket-science and one expect a limo company to have things planned out.

A dead phone when running a crucial limo business?

"Losing" a reservation?

None of this sounds professional and there have been a number of similar reviews here recently.

I will take note of other limo companies we see around the Port with nice clean cars and prepare a list...

This was the view from Grills at 8:39am that morning as Carnival Magic came in late.

Grills9-1.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

We

used VIP Executive Limo just this past week. Michael was super nice. Unfortunately, Port Canaveral had fog on the day we were embarking so he was very late getting to us for pickup for transport to the ship, 3.5 hours late! Not really his fault, traffic was horrible, ship was late, etc. He did maintain communication with us and kept us updated but after 3 hours, we were getting a bit antsy.

On the return trip, he was late again and not in communication because his phone died. Traffic was bad again. Second time, we were less forgiving and think maybe he should have expected the traffic, right?

We also booked 6 months in advance and he lost our reservation. Day before I called him to confirm as I hadn't gotten anything and he did fit us in no problem, same for way back.

Not sure I'd want to repeat in the future, so I'd probably go with someone else but I would not discourage anyone else from using him, i think we just had some bad luck.

I am a local here and have personally known Michael and his family 40 years.

It is my understanding that since he has been involved in a divorce, some of his personal information has been changed.

Pin numbers etc. Web/phone shutoff.

Enough to sabotage his business and get bad reviews.

Security measures have been implemented and everything is running smooth I hear.