Miami hotel close to the Port - July 2017

patsfan9404

Hi all - we are a group of 10 flying into FLL and then taking a shuttle to Miami on 7/1. We are leaving on the Equinox which leaves on 7/2. Can anyone recommend the Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn or the Intercontinental? I've done enough research to understand that no one offers a hotel shuttle to the port and we are good with taking an Uber.

We are traveling with 8 adults and 2 kids and we will get into Miami around 10pm. With an early turnaround time (ship leaves at 3:30pm), we won't need use of the pool and the views don't matter much. I'm also not too concerned with what is within walking distance since we won't be at the hotel for very long.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated! Thanks!

All three are good. Intercontinental is a class above to the two, Hampton nicer than Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn the cheapest lowest "star" rating. You will be fine with either of the three. If you care about comfort chose the Intercontinental, if you care about price, use the Holiday Inn, if you want something in the middle the Hampton.

I wouldn't pick Intercontinental as I assume it is higher in price. It is a nice 'business type" hotel. But arriving so late, I'd go for the the Hampton Inn Brickell if it wowrks cost wise. Includes a nice breakfast buffet (hot foods included) and that is a savings for a big group. It's the only one of your mentioned choices that offers any kind of add on in the rate.

Another option because you are arriving so late is to just stay at an airport chain. The ones in the Blue lagoon area are nice and some have larger rooms for sharing. Most will include airport to hotel transfers and a breakfast.

If you go to LMT you will find plenty of choices for your stay that is in the downtown/Brickell area and the prices are really good.

The new Homewood suites Brickell which would give you more room and breakfast is $120. The new SLS which is high end and would give you continental breakfast starts at $119. The new and really nice Atton Brickell is $116. The Langford is a nice hotel in downtown and is $98.

From any of these you would be able to walk to get breakfast if it's not included.

Flymia is right about the rankings of the hotels you mentioned.

Another option because you are arriving so late is to just stay at an airport chain. The ones in the Blue lagoon area are nice and some have larger rooms for sharing. Most will include airport to hotel transfers and a breakfast.

They are flying into FLL though!

Hotels near FLL will generally be cheaper than comparable properties in Miami. Since you are arriving into FLL late I would look to stay near there and then shuttle to POM the next morning.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL tourist and hotel info.

They are flying into FLL though!

Oops...missed that important detail. duh

So... I agree with John, then. Getting to the port in the morning will be easier than a night transfer. So just stay near FLL.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the ideas, everyone!

cjskids, what is LMT? I'm thinking of booking in the Brickell area.

LMT = last minute travel, an on-line travel booking club often suggested on this board for south FLA hotel deals.

Oops...missed that important detail. duh

So... I agree with John, then. Getting to the port in the morning will be easier than a night transfer. So just stay near FLL.

Third, unless there is some overriding reason you want to stay in Miami. I worked on Brickell for 6 years and it's nice, and it's gotten nicer since I moved but you are getting there so late I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Thanks for the help everyone! We ended up getting the Intercontinental downtown for $140.

Very nice hotel with some rooms offering a view of the port - a great view to wake up to on your embarkation day! :cool: