Suggestions for Hotel Stay the Night Before in FLL

mdd423

Hello,

I am seeking assistance with booking a hotel for one night(Saturday Oct 7th) before our cruise in Fort Lauderdale. I would prefer to stay around downtown or close to the cruise port and have a budget around $100-150 for the night. I have searched endlessly and can't decide on the best hotel for that price range. Would prefer hotel shuttle but not required.

Try Valuetrips.com and you will get the Hyatt Place Convention Center for $153. I used Valuetrips this past March for my cruise and the Hyatt Place was perfect. Fill out the form on their web site, it will take about a week to get a confirmation. When you do get your confirmation you can go to the Hyatt Website and put the number in, you will see your reservation there.

They had a shuttle from the airport to the hotel for $2/person and a shuttle from the hotel to the pier the next day for $7/person and a free breakfast. The hotel is within walking distance to alot of restaurants, Total Wine and Publix Grocery store for any last minute cruise items. This hotel is very close to the airport and more importantly the pier.

I learned about Valuetrips from alot of people here and it was great, I highly recommend it.

This hotel worked out so well for us, I am hoping to book it again for my 2019 cruise.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info

What time do you arrive? Arriving late and just want dinner and a room? Or arriving early and have time to hit the beach or ride the water taxi? How many in your group? Kids? Couple?

A few more details will help the suggestions to be closer to the mark. ;)

I have been tracking prices for that week as well, for oct 4-6. I recommend Hyatt Place, Riverside Hotel (a little farther away, and that is where we will be staying oct 4-6) or Renaissance. The Renaissance has had very good prices for. That time, although for a Friday night it might be a lot pricier not sure I even found rates at the Renaissance for 140 and I do believe hotwire has the Renaissance for $104 right now it is listed as a four star with an 80% approval rating I'm not 100% sure but I'm 90% sure stay away from the four-star rated hotel with a 55% rating that would be the Hilton Marina the Hilton Marina has received really bad reviews for the last few months they are not keeping up the hotel as nicely as they should and if you check trip adviser you will see what I mean there are just too many poor reviews for me to take a chance with that property right now I always advocate for the Hyatt place due to a few reasons we like the shuttle that picks up from the airport they are always very prompt the property is very close by so it's only a 5 to 10 minute trip the property is literally across the street from the shopping center which makes it very nice and the rooms are extremely clean. The staff is always extremely accommodating we have stayed there six times and have been pleased every single time. At this time of the year I would recommend booking directly with the hotel since prices are usually pretty good and less value trips is significantly less then I would absolutely work with the hotel directly. There is one poster here who posted in the forum last week that she was very unhappy with the Hyatt but that is because she did not re-confirm her reservation when it was made through value trips and her credit card had been compromised so value trips canceled the reservation. She is putting blame with the hotel, when in fact ultimately it is our responsibility as travelers to always re-confirm our reservation and make sure that the reservation is secured with a proper credit card

And I might add she only had a reservation not a prepaid hotel reservation, big difference.

So if you do decide to book through value trips, don't be scared off by her experience.

Regarding the water taxi, if you do stay at the Riverside there is a water taxi stop almost right there at the hotel at the Riverside you will find wonderful restaurants within walking distance

If you should decide to stay at the Riverside Hotel there is an old section and a newer section we have stayed in the old section since we won it on Hotwire last year for $109 per night, and we were OK with it, but some people are not

for our next trip we will be staying in the newer section which is still a little older but we really enjoyed the charm of the hotel

it's like an old Florida style hotel the staff is very nice and they're always willing to call a shuttle van or a taxi.

We haven't stayed at the Renaissance since 08 but they remodeled their lobby a few months back and it has a nice pool it's very close to the port probably the closest hotel and really nice it's right next-door to the Hilton Marina.

There is a CVS or a Walgreens right across the street and about a half mile away is total wine and the grocery store and several shops and there is just so much nearby within walking distance if you can get a good rate at that hotel I would say go for it except they do charge for Wi-Fi in your room is what I've been reading and there would be no free breakfast

My personal favorite probably will always be the Hyatt place just for its simplicity, its non-chaotic atmosphere , because it is a smaller property, it doesn't feel frenzied in the mornings like the Embassy suites.

Sorry for the typos but I am dictating this and Siri doesn't distinguish sometimes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

Try Valuetrips.com and you will get the Hyatt Place Convention Center for $153. I used Valuetrips this past March for my cruise and the Hyatt Place was perfect. Fill out the form on their web site, it will take about a week to get a confirmation. When you do get your confirmation you can go to the Hyatt Website and put the number in, you will see your reservation there.

They had a shuttle from the airport to the hotel for $2/person and a shuttle from the hotel to the pier the next day for $7/person and a free breakfast. The hotel is within walking distance to alot of restaurants, Total Wine and Publix Grocery store for any last minute cruise items. This hotel is very close to the airport and more importantly the pier.

I learned about Valuetrips from alot of people here and it was great, I highly recommend it.

This hotel worked out so well for us, I am hoping to book it again for my 2019 cruise.

We (extended family group) used Hyatt Place in March too.

FYI....The shuttle from FLL to the hotel is $2.00 per room not pp...some of our group used it. ;)

For a one night stay close to the airport and cruise port, on a budget and not familiar with the area I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. The Riverside is a great place to stay for a few days and the Embassy Suites can be a little overwhelming.

We (extended family group) used Hyatt Place in March too.

FYI....The shuttle from FLL to the hotel is $2.00 per room not pp...some of our group used it. ;)

Thank you, in all the excitement of the cruise, I didn't realize it was a better bargain than I realized.:cool:

The Hyatt Place convention center is also nearby the sun trolley stop. That can take you around town and to the beach. It too can get you to Las Olas Blvd. (where the Riverside hotel is) which is very pretty at night with lots of restaurants and small boutiques. Also has stops near the water taxi stops.

Go to suntrolley.Com for info.

I'd just use Uber or cab direct to your ship in the late morning. Especially if the shuttle offered is on a limited schedule with lots of riders. Cost could be less and certainly faster and direct.

Edited by eandj