La Dame

les37b

It would appear from the new deck plans now online, that the Le Champagne restaurants have all now been renamed La Dame and fall into line with the Silver Muse naming.

Hope that doesn't signal a price hike!

The main website still calls it Le Champagne in the ship wide commentary....... but guess in time the infamous IT department at SS will update in due course! Or are the new deck plans wrong?

Cant really see why it would matter much anyway.

I don't know about the name change:confused:, but I do think the $60 pp is too expensive, particularly when Atlantide offers a similar menu with similar service with no charge.

I know you'd said that in your review about similar standards. Whilst I completely agree $60 a head extra is excessive, I did honestly think it was a step up. I know where you are coming from though.

I'm not sure we will bother on our next one unless we are struggling to spend the OBC.

I'm just wondering if this rebranding will signal an increase from $40 to $60 on all the other ships. Something inside tells me to expect it... but maybe I'm just getting cynical.

We're sailing on the Whisper at Christmas and I've just reserved the newly named Dame at $60 per person. It was the same on the Muse last month. We find the menu in the old Champagne hasn't changed in many years and the Muses menu was different thank goodness. I hope they've changed the menu in the rest of the fleet too. Have to say the standard of food in Atlantide on the Muse was excellent and made us think there was no need to pay any extra for a speciality restaurant.

MM

We're sailing on the Whisper at Christmas and I've just reserved the newly named Dame at $60 per person. It was the same on the Muse last month. We find the menu in the old Champagne hasn't changed in many years and the Muses menu was different thank goodness. I hope they've changed the menu in the rest of the fleet too. Have to say the standard of food in Atlantide on the Muse was excellent and made us think there was no need to pay any extra for a speciality restaurant.

MM

I'd forgotten all about my.silversea

Yes. With 200 days to go, mine is also showing as La Dame @ $60pp too.

I'm sure the change of name is worth the extra $20!.

With 200 days to go, mine is also showing as La Dame @ $60pp too. I'm sure the change of name is worth the extra $20!.

Ouch!!! Do not like that idea of a 33% price hike to $60 pp. The La Dame name does not do much, if anything, for me, personally. Sounds like it is going to be just a ladies' lunch room. La Champagne sounds much better to me.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 52,730 views for these postings.

Ouch!!! Do not like that idea of a 33% price hike to $60 pp. The La Dame name does not do much, if anything, for me, personally. Sounds like it is going to be just a ladies' lunch room. La Champagne sounds much better to me.

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 52,730 views for these postings.

Not sure about your maths, its actually a 50% increase.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure about your maths, its actually a 50% increase.

YES! Guilty as charged. My mental math was bad. The actual figure for that increase would be 50%. Glad you brain was working much better this morning than mine.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 185,874 views for this posting.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the new deck plans for the about to be redone, Spirit? Would like to take a look!

As you probably saw, the website still shows the Spirit having only 540 capacity (which of course it currently is), so the deck plans are as is.

Good point though, it will be good to see what the changes are, though given there still hasn't been (to the best of my knowledge) any announcement for what they're actually doing, I suspect it may be a while. I've still not even been given any official correspondence of my cruise being cancelled let alone the reason.

I know SS can change your suite number, but we all probably make a choice based on what's above or below. Your chosen (as an example) 748 suite might now have a pool above it because it's not where it currently is ... but will have! And as of June 2018 on, all cruises will have this new configuration so it shouldn't be too much to ask to get this information up to date.

I'd forgotten all about my.silversea

Yes. With 200 days to go, mine is also showing as La Dame @ $60pp too.

I'm sure the change of name is worth the extra $20!.

Considering the gender inequality in pay I guess we should all be grateful SS didn't name the restaurant L'homme or the charge would have been $80.

Numbers Game?

Everyone must have noticed inflation through the years. The people in charge (be it government or business) would like you to believe in 2% per annum, but the fact is that it is erratic and some times and some sectors faster than the others. Lately while many people satiate in the increase in their homes' equity value, the prices of most other things have gone up even faster, so we have the feeling that the majority of the population are net losers!

As most passengers on the Muse have quite a bit of shipboard credit (from the cruise line or the travel agent), we cats have $2000 altogether. So lie down and enjoy while it lasts .. meow!

Considering the gender inequality in pay I guess we should all be grateful SS didn't name the restaurant L'homme or the charge would have been $80.

Appreciate this very smart and cute follow-up. Fun!! Also, other good comments made. If have extra OBC to spend that does changes some of the normal "economics".

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 219,335 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Equally Irish is that any price increase could be cancelled out by a cruise price reduction? I've just checked ours and the price has gone down 5% ! Still nowhere near as low as the price I paid but hey ho ....

Having said that .... happy anniversary .... the "10% off if you pay early" has now been running for a year:cool:

Equally Irish is that any price increase could be cancelled out by a cruise price reduction? I've just checked ours and the price has gone down 5% ! Still nowhere near as low as the price I paid but hey ho ....

Having said that .... happy anniversary .... the "10% off if you pay early" has now been running for a year:cool:

My last booking had an approximate 80% increase, so count your blessings!

Hope you got back to get your price guarantee refund?