Can the Diamond Lounge on Harmony Really Handle All the Diamonds and Diamond Plus?

yogimax

First, a word of commendation to RCCL for their relief efforts in the Caribbean! Yes, some cruisers are mad that they lost their cruise, but look at how many lost their homes!

o.k., so no Concierge Lounge on the largest ship in the world. Can the Diamond Lounge on Deck Four really handle all the Diamonds and Diamond Plus who are onboard, not to mention any Pinnacles who choose to go slumming?

It seems like a relatively small venue for a large number of people. Do you have to get there by 4:30 to even get a seat? I'm interested in hearing recent experiences.

Thanks!

We were on HOTS this past March during spring break with our extended family (all D+) and we had no problem finding a table/seats for the 7 of us...Raj always made sure everyone that came in had seats (thanks Raj).

We usually arrived around 5:30-6:00pm...Only one night did he have to open up Jazz on 4 for overflow which is right next door.

We were on HOTS this past March during spring break with our extended family (all D+) and we had no problem finding a table/seats for the 7 of us...Raj always made sure everyone that came in had seats (thanks Raj).

We usually arrived around 5:30-6:00pm...Only one night did he have to open up Jazz on 4 for overflow which is right next door.

Good to hear. Of course, 5:30-6:00 is when the club begins to empty out for the early seating folks. Some of us, though, have My Time Dining and like to arrive at 5PM.

I assume that they would have an overflow lounge if there were so many people trying to access the lounge. I remember our first cruise on the Oasis as a diamond when it was still in that small lounge overlooking Starbucks. Most evenings when it first opened it was packed there was no chance of getting a seat if you showed up 15 minutes after it opened. Not a big deal, though as the seats started opening up by 6.

Now with 3 drinks on the sea pass, why not just grab a drink at a bar, go to dinner then access the lounge after, then go to the late show???

JC

Good to hear. Of course, 5:30-6:00 is when the club begins to empty out for the early seating folks. Some of us, though, have My Time Dining and like to arrive at 5PM.

We also had MTD.....The lounge didn't really start to clear out until usually 7:00pm ... I felt like many on our cruise had MTD...We had a minor situation with a crew member out front of Grande confirming dining rooms for our group on the 2nd night with MTD and from then on we (or Raj) would call the Maitre d' (as instructed by him) when we wanted to use MTD so we actually ate in both Grande & Silk... and one night we ate in American Icon (which is the traditional dining room) it actually wasn't crowded at all. Seems like more and more are opting for MTD.

Just got back from the 9/2 Harmony "hurricane extended" cruise. There were definitely times on our cruise where the Diamond Lounge was standing room only. Seemed like it was mostly in the 5:30 - 6:00 timeframe, when there was a partial clear out for dinner seating. Even when crowded though, the service in the DL was great....

I got the feeling when we were on Harmony that the horrible dark location with no windows was probably the reason that it was never overcrowded.

It is interesting that you got that feeling.

The 4 cruises we've been on the Harmony we thought that the Diamond Lounge was one of the attractive venues on the ship.

Now with 3 drinks on the sea pass, why not just grab a drink at a bar, go to dinner then access the lounge after, then go to the late show???

JC

We favor the CL and DL for meeting people and making new friends. We still keep in touch with many on a regular basis. Sitting at a bar doesn't do it for us. We gave up on meeting people in the MDR after a couple of bad experiences and choose a table for two with MTD. We would much rather socialize in the lounge than in the noisy and oftentimes hectic MDR.

We favor the CL and DL for meeting people and making new friends. We still keep in touch with many on a regular basis. Sitting at a bar doesn't do it for us. We gave up on meeting people in the MDR after a couple of bad experiences and choose a table for two with MTD. We would much rather socialize in the lounge than in the noisy and oftentimes hectic MDR.

While we haven't given up on the MDR, I agree that the lounge is the best place to meet new friends. I also think the service and drinks are better as you get a chance to know the lounge staff.

Totally agree with that!! :)

Where is it located. Someone mentioned that Blaze was opened for the overflow. Is the Comedy Club still across from Blaze as it is on Oasis & Allure.

On Harmony it's (Diamond lounge) forward on deck #4 starboard side near the forward elevators and right next to Jazz on 4...Comedy show on HOTS was held in the Attic port side just across from the Diamond Club.

No. You already know that very few venues on any Oasis class has an oceanview. For an ocean view we hang out in the Suites Lounge. However, the Diamond Lounge is a very attractive room filled with delightful, interesting people.

That's too bad that a Suites Lounge came at the cost of a Viking Crown Lounge to all as it offers great views. I did not much care for the original locations over the Promenade for the on Oasis and Allure, I thought when they moved them down to Blazes for overflow it was even worse. Their subsequent repositioning was preferable.

Some Panoramic windows on the deck 4 DL, like those in the MDR, would have made the space spectacular, IMO.

No. You already know that very few venues on any Oasis class has an oceanview. For an ocean view we hang out in the Suites Lounge. However, the Diamond Lounge is a very attractive room filled with delightful, interesting people.

The D lounge on Oasis & Allure have a wonderful view.

The D lounge on Oasis & Allure have a wonderful view.

I agree totally, especially in that it faces the opposite direction as the Suites Lounge. Because the lounge is large there is a "big" sound in the space...a lot of friendly chatter and laughing. I really do enjoy being in there. I do wish they would change out the cloudy glass for clear.

That's too bad that a Suites Lounge came at the cost of a Viking Crown Lounge to all as it offers great views. I did not much care for the original locations over the Promenade for the on Oasis and Allure, I thought when they moved them down to Blazes for overflow it was even worse. Their subsequent repositioning was preferable.

Some Panoramic windows on the deck 4 DL, like those in the MDR, would have made the space spectacular, IMO.

To each his own, I loved the original DL. Those little cafe tables above Promenade were the bomb.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It's pretty clear that Diamond Plus members were sacrificed on the altar of suite guests on Oasis class ships. Being unceremoniously evicted from a great lounge with a great view to a windowless dungeon is bad enough. Add in the large number of Diamonds sharing the lounge and you have a massive downgrade for Diamond Plus. These ships have a great amount of space and it would have been relatively simple to create a CL. Instead the CL is gone as is the VCL. Not good!

It's pretty clear that Diamond Plus members were sacrificed on the altar of suite guests on Oasis class ships. Being unceremoniously evicted from a great lounge with a great view to a windowless dungeon is bad enough. Add in the large number of Diamonds sharing the lounge and you have a massive downgrade for Diamond Plus. These ships have a great amount of space and it would have been relatively simple to create a CL. Instead the CL is gone as is the VCL. Not good!

Words of truth ! It took many of us a long time to finally get to D+... then :loudcry: