PV with Kids?

choover2576

I initially had planned on taking our 3 and 6 year old on the Pirate Ship in PV, but I think I am talking myself out of it. I'm worried about getting seasick (I'm ok on cruise ships but not smaller boats). Also, I'm not sure I like the idea that we don't have the flexibility to go back to the ship at our leisure, especially since it is such a long excursion.

Which is the best all inclusive resort that offers day passes walking distance from the cruise ship? I'm looking for one that will be fun for my boys. I was looking at the Crown Paradise or Krystals?

Also, are there little survivor shops/stands near the dock? With the little ones I don't think we will want to venture out in a bus or taxi.

Everyone one here is so helpful. TIA :)

What's a "survivor shop"? I have never heard that term before.

The Crown Paradise says on its web site that it's adult only.

The Krystal says it has a kids club but sorry I don't have experience with it.

We love Puerto Vallarta so sorry you don't want to explore it more.

Lots of families enjoy visiting/staying/living there so no real stuff to worry about.

How does sound for a 3 and 6 year old? I'm thinking of taking a taxi or bus (if we are feeling adventurous) to the Malecon. I want to find a place for the kids to play on the beach and grab a bite to eat. I'm thinking about hanging out around the Sea Monkey: http://www.seamonkeypv.com/

If we do decide to head down to the Malecon, is there a place that I can buy some inexpensive beach toys, or should I pack some?

The Krystal Palace is probably your best option. Beach access and pool. Outdoor restaurant as well as waiter service. Malecon beaches aren't attached to hotels and don't have amenities. No bathrooms. Restaurants and shops are across the street thus making it difficult as this is a busy road. Kids clubs in Mexico are not great. At least not PV for your kids ages. We travel to PV a lot if you have other questions

It sounds like you have a bit of an adventurer in you - don't deprive yourself. PV is a great town so go see some of it.

Most of the Malecon road was taken out several years ago, it's a large boardwalk now.

Yellow taxi is only $6-8 from the port.

The bus is fine also. Look for one that says CENTRO in the window. Hop on and tell the driver you want to go to the flea market. You can find all the survivors :) you ever wanted here. Walk down the river to the Malecon (maybe 100 yds, look for iguanas in the trees). Make a right and it's about 3/4 mile or so of shops/eateries/etc on the right, and the beach on your left. Make a left across the bridge and the Sea Monkey about 100 yds down (I think it's south of the river...). Sea Monkey serves on the beach so you have full use of their facilities and the kids get all the beach they want. Go to go ogle earth and zoom in on the malecon (google maps still shows the road there).

Look on you tube for rio cuale. There's a great 5 minute video shot from a bicyclist helmet cam traveling the river walkway. Give you an idea wha lies ahead.