Azura Port Times

bee-ess

Can anyone who has been on a recent Caribbean cruise on Azura tell me what time they are leaving the ports this year. My documentation says 'early evening' everywhere which is anywhen from 6PM. I have called P&O and they confirm 6PM but last year when I went it was typically 5PM.

My reason for asking is that I am trying to book a couple of independent tours that will be tight for time if the ship leaves at 5PM.

Thanks

Thanks both, it is as I thought, it was 5PM last year. It makes both the dress code thing and what P&O publish meaningless - why do they do this, publish one thing and do another. My documentation clearly says Early Evening for every port and that is according to their guidelines 6PM-9PM.

On our recent cruise there were two late sail aways in st maarten and curacao both at 8 pm. The captains explanation being that there was lots to do on these islands. Take advantage of it as these two islands have a lot you can do without trekking a good distance.

Why they don't give 'exact' timings is beyond me :confused:

It's ridiculous - how you confidently book an independant tour if they don't stick to the published leaving times. Exactly the same happened last year - they published times and took no notice of them.

Can anyone who has been on a recent Caribbean cruise on Azura tell me what time they are leaving the ports this year. My documentation says 'early evening' everywhere which is anywhen from 6PM. I have called P&O and they confirm 6PM but last year when I went it was typically 5PM.

My reason for asking is that I am trying to book a couple of independent tours that will be tight for time if the ship leaves at 5PM.

Thanks

Hello.

Probably you can check it in www.cruisetimetable.com

Greetings

There are lots of mistakes, Azura for March is still wrong. 12th March Dominica..has Azura got the Pier?...no Jewel of the Seas has it and Wind Surf is also in town.

Hello. Yes, you are right. All details are not correct. Thank you

I didn't check any details, just thought it would give Bee-ess an idea of the departure times.

Molly

Thanks Molly and othersl for your help.

I know all about cruisett etc but these are times that the ship has the dock booked for and like the 'dress code' document these times are not accurate. My complaint is that I have documentation that says we leave a port at 6PM but what happens if I want to book an independent tour that returns at 5:30 and the ship leaves at 5PM.

I cruise with other companies other than P&O and the published time is the time that you leave port. If it is 5Pm why not publish 5PM - why say early evening which 6PM according to their documentation. Printing the time in the daily newspaper is no help to me when I am trying to book tours now. I phoned them last week and they tell me that all our ports are 6PM departure but it seems that they are leaving at 5PM-530PM as per canny-cruisers post.

Well the bonus 8pms sound great. When do you get told about the 8pms, the night before or on the morning?

Night before when you get Horizon, or maybe on the gangway as they do not appear to be very forthcoming with the correct information:rolleyes:

Hope we get 8pm in St Maarten, plenty of time to get back from Maho:) Also read somewhere about $1 beers :D

Bee-ess I really understand your frustration, hope you manage to do the excursions you want.