Amazing Race

twin123185

We enjoyed the show last night...especially the segments in Orvieto. The area around the Duomo di Orvieto looked deserted.

We visited Orvieto last October and will again this year. Thoroughly enjoyed our time there.

Lew

We're big Amazing Race fans and will be in Rome for several days in October pre-cruise, so we definitely enjoyed last week's episode. Maybe knowing there are 135 Spanish steps will win a trivia prize on board. LOL!

We don't watch "live" but a day or so later via DVR (skip the commercials :) ), so we haven't seen last night's episode yet.... (Please don't anyone put a spoiler in the thread. Thanks!)

Edited by Turtles06

Loved it...gorgeous scenery..we had been to that small town Civita de Bagnoreigna (probably spelling it wrong!) as Rick Steves loves the place and it really is cool walking up that bridge to the town...

I am finding that team who won last night to be annoying!!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I used to really dislike them, particularly in their first season, but the other teams left now are projecting so much "entitlement" that ... [spoiler ALERT]

....Brendan and Rachel are growing on me. All that whining by Dave and Connor about being U-turned, as though they had some right not to have this happen to them? It's an allowed strategy; they deployed it themselves.

I agree... They're professional reality TV players and have been annoying since their first appearance on Big Brother.

Lew

We enjoyed the show last night...especially the segments in Orvieto. The area around the Duomo di Orvieto looked deserted.

We visited Orvieto last October and will again this year. Thoroughly enjoyed our time there.

Lew

Huh--when we went to Orvieto, we found the same---the area around the Duomo WAS deserted, and so were alot of the streets surrounding it...VERY quiet.....

Huh--when we went to Orvieto, we found the same---the area around the Duomo WAS deserted, and so were alot of the streets surrounding it...VERY quiet.....

Same here, too. It was actually very nice to be able to be there without herds of tourists crowding around the Duomo. Also made it easy and nice to be able to walk into a ceramics store and actually talk to the owner because she wasn't having to spend all her time at the register.

We as a family are HUGE Amazing Race fans and loved that they were in Rome and Tuscany this time around. Though we thought the Detour in Rome (horse racing and sword fighting) were lame and could have been so much better. Did think the Spanish Steps calculations were perfect for that site.

Someday we will go to Civita de Bagnoreigna...looked so interesting!

Brenchel grates on our nerves. The Afghanimals have grown on us recently and we are rooting for Connor and Dave and the Cowboys. It's been a particularly fun season...will hate to see it end.

And we are already expecting our pre-cruise day in June when we move from Venice to Civitavecchia to be Race-worthy! Four different personalities (two VERY high strung), eight pieces of luggage, and a boat/train/train/walk should be interesting.