Sunbeds

skoozie

Having cruised before we know how tightly packed the sun beds are. I remember having to thread my way through. My DH can now only manage a few unstable steps.

Can anyone who has travelled with a mobility scooter let me know how you got on. I know reserving beds is frowned up on but I am thinking if I don't go and reserve one early in the morning on the very end for my DH he won't be able to get to one.

Never having travelled with a disabled person before I only dimly recollect that there were special places in the theatre and restaurants by the doors, edges etc for wheelchairs but I can't remember what happened by the pools and on sun decks.

Personally I avoid the pool areas. Unless a lounger is available at the end of the row, the rows between the loungers are generally very tight to drive a scooter through. Let alone park a scooter. I see many people with scooters try to get a lounger at the end of a row or find a place that has a couple of empty loungers and remove one so that the scooter can be parked.

Think another concern to consider is whether or not you DH will be able to get in and out of a lounger as they are so low to the ground. Though I'm still able to walk , I cannot get in and out of a lounger as they are extremely low to the ground.

Another concern is to not sit and park the scooter in the row directly in front of the pool as you risk the scooter being damaged by splashing water. If water gets into the electronics, battery or motor of the scooter it can render it useless.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I don't use the sunbeds anymore as they are way too low for me to sit on nor stand up from. I do go to the sundeck; although rarely, and sit in a regular chair. They are around the edges, usually near tables. I move it close to where my husband is sitting and put my feet on the end of his sunbed. I can rise from a standard chair