Has anyone done the day pass at Coconut Beach Club?

jojokay

We are thinking about doing the day pass at the Coconut Beach Club on our day in Antigua. I would love to hear from anyone who has been there. Did you enjoy the day? How was the food? Do they serve a variety of alcoholic beverages? Can you snorkel there? Any input would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were there last week during our cruise on the Eclipse. After reading favorable reviews we made reservations a few weeks prior to our cruise. Not really needed as there were only four couples from cruises. Short taxi ride, four dollars per person each way. Entry fee is fifty dollars per person, includes towels lunch and drinks.

Infinity pool is half in ground and half above, water is cold but clear. The beach is the nice feature of the resort, could not see staying there for more than a few fours. Beach loungers

We're certainly not new or cleaned daily, and no help moving them from the far end to a reasonable spot. If you need shade this is not going to be an easy find!

There is a bar near the main resort building that serves in plastic cups for beach consumption,

And glass at the bar.

Lunch is what turned the tide sour, arranged in a crowded covered patio area. Not a big buffet selection, soup, salads and either meatballs or some type of grilled fish, plus dessert. They did serve wine or beer during lunch. Over all, we have been to other beaches and resorts on the island and this would only rank Coconut a 5/10. Try somewhere else! Valley, Pineapple or Jolly.

Hal

We were there last week during our cruise on the Eclipse. After reading favorable reviews we made reservations a few weeks prior to our cruise. Not really needed as there were only four couples from cruises. Short taxi ride, four dollars per person each way. Entry fee is fifty dollars per person, includes towels lunch and drinks.

Infinity pool is half in ground and half above, water is cold but clear. The beach is the nice feature of the resort, could not see staying there for more than a few fours. Beach loungers

We're certainly not new or cleaned daily, and no help moving them from the far end to a reasonable spot. If you need shade this is not going to be an easy find!

There is a bar near the main resort building that serves in plastic cups for beach consumption,

And glass at the bar.

Lunch is what turned the tide sour, arranged in a crowded covered patio area. Not a big buffet selection, soup, salads and either meatballs or some type of grilled fish, plus dessert. They did serve wine or beer during lunch. Over all, we have been to other beaches and resorts on the island and this would only rank Coconut a 5/10. Try somewhere else! Valley, Pineapple or Jolly.

Hal

Thank you for posting your thoughts. I am sorry you had a disappointing day as others seem to really enjoy Coconut. I am puzzled about the shade. The photos in the thread I linked show some trees as well as thatched palapas. Are these not available to day pass guests?

Since you now have me second guessing our decision, could you please add some details as to why your other suggestions might be better?

And glass at the bar.

Hal

Thank you for your honest opinion. We were considering Coconut but have decided to try Jolly Beach.

Have you been there? Would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks

Liz:)

• 4 weeks later...

We just went to the Coconut Beach Club off the Emerald Princess and we really enjoyed it! Couldn't find anyone to share a cab so we spent $16 each way, but we had a wonderful driver who was there waiting for us right at the time I had requested to return to the ship. So, expensive, but worth it. :)

I had pre-reserved, but it wasn't necessary and they never even asked my name when we arrived. $50 each included unlimited drinks (in very small plastic glasses, so ask for a couple at a time!), and the use of chaise loungers (we grabbed two lovely ones that were like beds). There were regular loungers under palapas on the beach as well (I counted at least 8 of those palapas, I think).

The beach was lovely, no watershoes needed. And the Infinity Pool was wonderful! We had never been in one before, and DH & I loved it! Lunch was buffet style and very good. They had soup, salad, pasta, fish, rice, etc. It was all tasty and in a covered area where we sat at tables. Nice clean bathrooms too, and free internet.

I can highly recommend it!

Edited by canadarocks

We just went to Coconuts earlier this month while cruising on Jewel of the Seas. It was one of the highlights of our cruise. There was plenty of shade and we found the loungers clean and comfortable. We met a lovely couple from England who were on holiday to watch cricket in Antigua. The food was good, hot and the area where you ate was clean and covered. We liked it so much we may even go back on vacation to this resort. The prices there are quite reasonable and it is a quiet, kid free area. Great for relaxing but not if you need all the bells and whistles like jet skis, entertainment,etc.

• 1 month later...

We did it in 2013 with 2 other couples and had a blast . Not sure what else you could book for that price have open bar and a buffet lunch , pool and wonderful beach with NO crowd. But that is just us , get me away from the all of the regular stuff and crowds and no way do I book the cattle calls the ships offer. Going back in 2015 and 16 will do it again .

Just an update, we did go to Coconut Beach Club for the day. We had a wonderful, relaxing day. The buffet was small, but the food very good; attentive and friendly waitstaff. Loved the quiet beach and availability of shade, we did snorkel; not a lot to see, but a few fish near the rocky areas, I would recommend it if you are looking for a place to just "chill".

• 2 weeks later...
My thanks to all who replied in this thread - researching now and confused with the choices of day passes/beaches available! Oh well. :D

Are there (m)any vendors at Coconut Beach? Thanks.

Not at all. We saw one woman who had jewelry for sale, but she never approached anyone. It was a very peaceful place. :)

My daughter (18) and I went there last week while on our cruise and enjoyed it. It is not upscale and doesn't have a lot of water sport activities, but had everything we wanted. They have loungers on the beach and near the pool and restaurant. There is plenty of shade if you want it also. There were only 6 other people on the beach most of the day and a few others near the pool. The lunch was good (nothing gourmet) and the drinks were good. They had free Wi-Fi, so my daughter was happy:) The bathrooms were clean and not far from the beach. We saw one lady selling jewelry and one offering massages, but neither was pushy and left us alone after we said we were not interested.

If you are looking for upscale amenities and lots of watersports, then this is not the place, but if you want a relaxing day with decent food and drinks I would recommend it.

• 1 month later...