Interracial Family in Bahamas

jckelly

We are an interracial family- my husband and I are white & adopted 3 AA siblings. This will be our first time cruising with our children. I know this may seem like a crazy question to some of you but we live in a diverse area & still get some stares. SO, I was wondering if there were any other interracial families that have cruised and if you had anything to share about your experience with getting through security, natives feelings/treatment towards your family etc. We will be cruising into Nassau & HMC. Thanks!

We are an interracial family- my husband and I are white & adopted 3 AA siblings. This will be our first time cruising with our children. I know this may seem like a crazy question to some of you but we live in a diverse area & still get some stares. SO, I was wondering if there were any other interracial families that have cruised and if you had anything to share about your experience with getting through security, natives feelings/treatment towards your family etc. We will be cruising into Nassau & HMC. Thanks!

As long as your papers are in order, you shouldn't have a problem.

I cruise and travel with my mixed grandson (just the 2 of us) and have never encountered any negativity. I must say that some locals are not always PC, and may ask questions or say something that you may not hear at home (someone commented "his father must have been gorgeous") , but I've never been offended by anything. (most comment on how handsome or well mannered he is.. nothing more).