Departing tonight!

hiccups

Departure day has finally arrived for our Rhine & Moselle cruise! We leave for Amsterdam tonight. I had forgotten how much work it is to get ready to go on vacation--now I REALLY need a vacation :) Hopefully there will be no low water issues.

I also succeeded in dropping a couple extra pounds to give myself some leeway to enjoy the food and beverages of Europe, and bought a FitBit to keep track of my activity. I know the baseline of my regular days, so now I can gauge what I'm doing there. I'm down 77 lbs since January, and 90 since last year. Cathedral steps, here I come! DH said he'd wait for me at a biergarten! LOL.

Thank you all so much for the information and advice in the past few months! I hope to check in from the River Queen.

In Germany, they consider beer to be the same as water!:D Bon Voyage!

No way, beer comes first.:rolleyes: I take my daily "liquid bread" at about 5:00 (pm), the first that is.

I think I have to agree with G.M.T. on this one. Bier über Wasser!! When I'm in Germany, I may drink the beer *like* it's water - but that reflects my preference for the beer. I think that's what you meant, Got2Cruise?

G.M.T., no Weissbier for breakfast? ;)

All you folks who are going off cruising now are making it tough for me to wait until September for our next visit. Enjoy, all of you, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for good water levels!

I think I have to agree with G.M.T. on this one. Bier über Wasser!! When I'm in Germany, I may drink the beer *like* it's water - but that reflects my preference for the beer. I think that's what you meant, Got2Cruise?

G.M.T., no Weissbier for breakfast? ;)

All you folks who are going off cruising now are making it tough for me to wait until September for our next visit. Enjoy, all of you, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for good water levels!

My remark was tongue in cheek. I was referring to something the guide told us in one of the German ports, I believe Cologne. The water was polluted at the time so the government gave everyone a ration of beer each day to drink.