intercruise connections

janeyd

having booked our cruise and took the offer of free coach to Southampton (we are traveling from Glasgow can anyone who has used the bus service tell me what they are like as the last cruise we used Eavesway travel and thought they were good ,would like to hear from someone who has used Intercruise Connections as i cant seem to find out much about them thanks in advaance :)

having booked our cruise and took the offer of free coach to Southampton (we are traveling from Glasgow can anyone who has used the bus service tell me what they are like as the last cruise we used Eavesway travel and thought they were good ,would like to hear from someone who has used Intercruise Connections as i cant seem to find out much about them thanks in advaance :)

The only thing I have found out is that they have been used by Cunard for a number of years and I have seen nothing on those boards bad about them.

Take that for what it's worth.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi janeyd,

We used Intercruise Connections before thru Cunard three years ago and that is when we got free coach transfer Glasgow-Southampton. Intercruise Connections hire several other private coach companies to transport guests to cruise ship unlike Eavesway who only use their own. That is probably why you can't get much information about this company. The coach was ok but not as good as Eavesway, however, on the way home we had to change buses I think it was at Carlyle or Knutsford and get on to another bus (different company).Unfortunately we did not get to sit together back to Glasgow because that coach was quite full. Intercruises quite often change guests travelling to Glasgow from one bus to another especially if lots of guest are getting off at the same stop. One time we were moved from one coach to a minibus to take us back to Glasgow because there was only three of us staying on till Glasgow.

In October this year we are sailing from Southampton on a back to back cruise and because we are flying home to Glasgow direct, we had to book and pay for our coach. We booked Eavesway and because we had paid the Vantage fair we only had to pay for half of the single journey each, otherwise two for one. We were happy with that.

Overall, the Intercruise coach was fine. I am sure you will be ok and if there is a lot of guests boarding in Glasgow they will all be returning to Glasgow so I don't imagine that you will require to change coaches.

Same amount of stops gowing down to Southampton as Eavesway .

Really no need for you to worry.

Just enjoy.

Pat

thanks Helen its oct we are going so was bit worried because of the weather at that time of year in uk ,as you said hope more people going from Glasgow so wont have to change coaches mid journey lol enjoy you cruises :)

I read somewhere that Intercruise limit baggage to one 23kg suitcase per passenger plus hand luggage. Perhaps someone who has used them could confirm or otherwise.

I thought that Eavesway had a restriction as well. Might only be on weight rather than number.

I thought that Eavesway had a restriction as well. Might only be on weight rather than number.

Luggage restrictions on Eavesway from their website

If your cruise is less than 21 nights then there is no restriction on the amount you can take, if it is longer than 21 nights then the limit is no more than 3 suitcases per person. Each item must not exceed 20 kg (44lb).

http://eaveswaytravel.com/faq.asp

Brian

I read somewhere that Intercruise limit baggage to one 23kg suitcase per passenger plus hand luggage. Perhaps someone who has used them could confirm or otherwise.

You are correct Denarius, however, Intercruise will allow you to purchase extra luggage space, otherwise you are required to pay for each additional suitcase you wish to take. I don't know if they have restrictions on how many cases you are allowed. They must have I think, because if they change coaches half way thru journey back to Glasgow and you are put onto a mini bus, like we have been in the past I don't know if all the cases would fit in.

We had already been notified about Intercruise last November on our way to Southampton with Eavesway. That is the reason that we opted for Eavesway this year, we have booked one way coach trip in November 28day back to back and allowed three cases each.

We opted for the free coach for our Oriana cruise in October and the terms and conditions state that up to 3 medium sized cases per person up to 20 kg can be taken. We have booked 3 cases between us for our 10 night cruise. Your right Dai very early start from Washington but as its a Monday not so bad and will stay in Travelodge Sunday night.

• 3 months later...

A lady I know through work got the plane down from Glasgow to Southampton and had her luggage transferred with UPS not sure how much it cost but it wasn't really expensive some thing like £50 she had it delivered to a friend of a friends house and picked it up on the way from the airport to the port. Her rationale was she wanted to take more that 23kg's and didn't want the long journey, I remember her saying how high the extra baggage charges were and this was cheaper

The Baggage Handling Company will pick up your luggage and deliver to your ship.

http://www.thebaggagehandlingcompany.com/index.html#

The cost is £30 plus VAT each way.

They also now do delivery to Venice, Genoa and Barcelona. Cost £60 each way.

I have no experience in using them but reports I have seen are very good.

Brian

Inter Cruises does not own any coaches and, I understand, will only provide the full service if there are enogh passengers. Apparently you are not told until 3 weeks prior to travel where the pick up point will be.

We are doing the Black Sea cruise in September and have opted to stay with Eavesway. They are still running their cruise connection service but have extended it to more ships and have a contract with Fred O as well.

David

We have used the baggage handling company for every cruise for the past 4 years & they are excellent.

We fly down to Southampton from Edinburgh the day before (stay at a Premier Inn) with only hand luggage & no big cases to lug around. (we then head for Asda to get a few bottles of wine & bubbly to take onboard)

They arrange a day to pick up the cases from your home & the next you see them is outside your cabin door. We have never had a problem.

On return, after clearing customs, they will be just outside the terminal to take your cases from you & give you a day they will be delivering them back to your house.

Perfect.....get home with no washing....until they deliver, normally 1 - 3 days later.

Have just used this service from Doncaster to Southampton, the coach to Southampton was a 57 seater Coopers Tours coach which was very poor and not suitable for this journey. No leg room, no air conditioning, no toilets and no darkened windows. It had been used the previous day for school children on a trip to Alton Towers, says everything. Coach on return journey was exactly as we expected after paying £200 for my wife and I for the service

We had exactly the same experience when we used Intercruises for a Cunard cruise so when we booked a P&O cruise we decided to take the OBC and booked Eavesway ourselves. The person that we spoke to at P&O when we were booking told us that a lot of people who had previously used Intercruises were doing the same because they were unhappy with Intercruises.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have noticed a few incorrect comments and thought I should correct them. :confused:

Yes, Intercruises don't use their own coaches, they use regional coach companies (keeping them in business!), which also means they have a large pool of vehicles all over the UK at their disposal if anything goes wrong.

They do not charge for extra luggage, everyone can have 3 cases per person weighing up to 20kgs per piece, plus 1 piece of hand luggage. The allowance does not apply to World Cruises.

You chose your pick up point when you book and get confirmation of where it is in the post by e-mail. The only thing you don't get until 21 days prior to travel is a departure time.

Hope that helps everyone and happy cruising!