Renting a walker?

Janet524

Three weeks ago, DH tripped over our dog and broke his kneecap. (We tell everyone we have a Mafia dog....She doesn't bit you, she breaks your kneecap.) He is now able to put weight on the leg and walking using a walker is easier than using crutches.

Rather than try to load the walker in the car along with the luggage (don't think everything would fit), I'd like to rent a good walker. Can anyone tell me how I might go about this? We're sailng on the Allure of the Seas at the end of May.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Well I would carry the walker as it sure is hard to get into the rest area rest room without it. If you decide not to carry your own, then call "special needs at sea" or "carevacations" to see if they rent walkers. All the walkers I have used do collapse and I prefer to keep mine in the back seat as I use it to walk to the trunk where the scooter is located.

Well I would carry the walker as it sure is hard to get into the rest area rest room without it. If you decide not to carry your own, then call "special needs at sea" or "carevacations" to see if they rent walkers. All the walkers I have used do collapse and I prefer to keep mine in the back seat as I use it to walk to the trunk where the scooter is located.

Thank you for the information.

We bring our own walker when we are having problems. If you buy one at Costco I think they are around $100, but well worth it if you can get one with a seat. It also acts like a luggage carrier as you are walking to the ship. If he needs to sit down you have a seat, it helps when walking around the ship, and when waiting in lines. There is usually an area in the main show rooms where it can be parked. It is great when you are in ports, to carry stuff, or provide a clean seat. If you do not need it after the trip you can donate it to an organization of your choice for a tax deduction.

I saw foldable travel walkers on Amazon.com yesterday when I was looking for my friend there was one was was on sale for less than $20! I checked into renting one and it will be as much as a wheelchair (gasp!) so I am trying to talk him into either a foldable travel one or bringing his own and have him rent a scooter.

Archived