Need a hotel in Seattle

Does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking of somewhere in the downtown area because we have never been to Seattle, but I'm not sure what the area is like.

Any/all suggestions are welcomed! I dont want anything too expensive though.

Toni

We are sailing on the 8/20 NCL Spirit

I dont want anything too expensive though.

Pretty much anything in "downtown" Seattle is going to be expensive. It's all high end Four Seasons, Westin, Sheraton, etc. A small distance away (1 mile or so) is more reasonable. The Port of Seattle suggests "Cruise passengers may contact the Seattle Hotel Hotline at 800-535-7071 or 206-461-5881. They can make reservations and can search hotels based on price"

This link will do a similar search http://www.area-hotels.net/tourist_attraction_hotels/bell_street_pier_at_pier_66_seattle/

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza last year and thought it was a nice hotel. We were able to get it for $55 a night on Priceline. Although it was only a few blocks from the water front, it was a bit of a walk coming back as it is all uphill. Didn't bother us, but be forwarned.

We stayed at the Hotel Vintage Park in 2000 and it is a nice place, a smaller boutique hotel, wine tasting in the evening. Also very close to Pike Place Market and Space Needle and such, and good food. We are doing an Alaska cruise on the Spirit over Labor Day and this time staying at the Marriott Waterfront Hotel, new hotel on the water. We got it for about $179 for the night. Enjoy...

The Mayflower Park Hotel is simply wonderful. It is a perfect location, and they treat their guests as though you are the only person staying with them. We have stayed there several times, and each time we have received the same outstanding service.

In March we stayed at the 6th Avenue Inn. Great location. We were able to walk everywhere downtown. I think the rate was $65. You can see the Space Needle from their door.

The Mayflower Park Hotel is simply wonderful. It is a perfect location, and they treat their guests as though you are the only person staying with them. We have stayed there several times, and each time we have received the same outstanding service.

Did you eat at Andaluca? WONDERFUL! Looking forward to going there next week!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived