Historic Hollywood Beach Resort

monamelba

Hi all!

My travel agent booked us at the Historic Hollywood Beach Resort. Have any of you ever stayed here pre cruise? The reviews on tripadvisor were dicey, but appear to be getting better. Any input would be helpful!!!!

While the Hollywood Broadwalk is lively, the resort itself is kind of seedy. The "mall" to which the hotel is attached to is quite desolate, meaning many of the shops and restaurants are closed, and there is maybe a pizzeria and Chinese take-out place left. The movie theater closed years ago and the pool area has no ambiance.

If it works into your budget, try the Marriott (right on the broadwalk), the Crowne Plaza, or the Westin Diplomat (Crowne and Westin are about a mile south of the broadwalk). There are also a number of little mom and pop motels located on the broadwalk.

The Hollywood Beach Resort's better days are long gone. The resort which is located right on the beach is definitely rundown. Twenty five years ago there were many stores and food establishments located on the ground level and the place at the time was very lively. Now most of the establishments are vacant and rents in the building are very cheap. If possible I would cancel your booking and and rebook either the Marriot Hollywood Beach which is located a little further north or head south to either the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood or the Crowne Plaza in Hollywood. The Westin Diplomat is absolutely beautiful and has one of the nicest pool areas in South Florida. The Crowne Plaza is also nice and I have stayed there a few times when my condo in Hallandale Beach was being renovated. Skip the Hollywood Beach Resort if you can!

Thanks so much for your replies,

We are going to be cancelling, and I will be booking at a holiday inn express, it gets very good reviews on trip advisor, and is within my budget of $200. Has free shuttle from the airport, and offers transport to the cruise port. Usual complimentary breakfast, and its close to some good restaurants for supper.

Archived